new to the saltwater community =)

i need a daily planner of things i should do

• steps i should take daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • caring for my tank daily

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i was i a bit of dickhead an apologize to you all. i appreciTE the trying to help i was just reassured the lfs i got them from told me it was perfectly fine i believed them seeing as how theyre famous for being on the show TANKED
I would like to see one of their tanks last more than 2 years. Goes to show you don't believe everything you see on tv. Stupid fake coral set ups.

+1 @Aquarian. New tanks go through all kinds of crazy (normal) stuff in the beginning.

Most likely what you're seeing is diatoms. They're ugly but harmless and go away on their own.

A bit more information about your system would be appreciated. What do you have for equipment?

+1 @Aquarian. New tanks go through all kinds of crazy (normal) stuff in the beginning.

Most likely what you're seeing is diatoms. They're ugly but harmless and go away on their own.

A bit more information about your system would be appreciated. What do you have for equipment?
MT 36"L 17"w 18" T. API 55g canister filter. 40lbs carib sea "live sand" 30lbs live rock 36'' coralife t5 HO light 4 blue green chromis domino and yellow tail blue damsel 3 hermit crab. had a starfish something ate the crap outta it

unnamed-8.jpg

Those are diatoms, don't worry, they're normal. Lose the YT blue devil, they get the devil name honest. If you're going to keep a deep sand bed in the main tank, I'd add more. Fosters and smith have the best price on substrates and 2 bags nets you free shipping or look on Craigslist for some that has been out of a tank for a while, I get a little skeeved about buying it directly from someone's tank. If you're going to DILIGENTLY clean that canister filtre you can keep it, otherwise they're nitrate factories.

Blennys LOVE diatoms, just sayin. They're usually the first fish I'll add to a system. There isn't many fish they can't hold their own against. My Starry and the mimic used to swim laps around the wavemaker.

Back