New to the site and starting a new tank wanted to share!

You know what mate, you can make the same argument with humans. I could stick 14 humans in a small room and they will live. Will you be happy with your life? Most likely not!

Now, I am sure all these fish will lead long enough lives, but you have no chance of getting their full life span, nor will they be happy. Unfortunately, fish need space, not just swimming space, they need an area to call home that will not be invaded. That is just how it works.

If you think this is right, I dare you to get 12 people to come and live in your bedroom permanently. Can you handle that?

I hope for the fish's sake that they live, but I do not have high hopes on this one. We are not here to bash you or tell you you are wrong. We are merely here to inform you that your actions are cruel and that if you want to keep these fish for their entire life, you will need to upgrade your tank and reduce your load on the tank.

Best of luck, I will not be checking this thread because in my honest opinion, this is inhumane.

Thats fine, and with what you said lets say we put a bunch of babies in a room... There is a lot more space then you think and its not like any of these fish are full size. The reason i dont care to discuss this is because i have other tanks and most of these fish will be moved around and i have ppl with 300g tanks and up so if and when some of them out grow my tank they will be moved. I dont mind everyone saying what they will. I agree animal cruelity is wrong but all of my fish are swimming around with plenty of room for now and are all very healthy. Thanks for your concern.

Back