New to the site.

VSpeck

Reefing newb
Hi all,
I'm new to this site not to saltwater. Wanted to say hi. I curently have a 58rr three sided. 400w and 250w mh lights. I have 2 tunze 6100's a 40gal sump/fuge and a CSS 220 for a skimmer.
Keeping easier sps some zoas and a Clam. More corals will come in the new tank.
Sideshot42908.jpg

fish-1.jpg

Before any one freaks out a new tank is about up and the blue tang is small but fat and Happy. I have had him for a while.

180 in wall
180wall.jpg

180 diy stand
180stand.jpg

the fish room is being drywalled and electric ran and then the tank will be ready for plumbing.

anyway Hi everybody and thanks for reading

Welcome!

I've always wanted to do a wall setup.Good luck with it and post plenty of pics.Maybe even start a thread in the ''Tank Showcase'' for the 180.Your other tank looks great,nice color.

Great coraline in the 58! Im also setting up a 180 as we speak, looks like its a beautiful setup. Welcome to the Reef!

s13- I got the flame from a fellow reefer and never bothered his clam of any corals for that matter. I guess only time will tell if he gets a taste for them. To be honest I wish it would keep my bams under control.

ryan g- Yea i can grow coraline i just wish it would stay on the rocks and off the glass.

to all the others thanks for the comments. I am excited about the 180 its going to take a while I am almost ready for plumbing and fresh testing. hopefully it comes along quick.
thanks again.

looks like its gonna be a nice setup, nice to see another from st. louis area, theres plenty of good advice on this website without worrying about being banned, everybody is pretty cool here. Oh yeah keep the pics coming.

Yea i poked around here for a while before i joined and I like the good info without the politics.
I worked on the 180 build a little more last night.
Hung the green board on the back wall. I dont like the look of exposed studs and wires.
180backwall.jpg

Here is the 75gal sump I will be using
75sump.jpg

The 58 has come along nicely since i put it up last october here is some growth pics
Oct of 07
Fulltankend-1.jpg

November of 07
Fulltankend-2.jpg

April 08
Endtankshot.jpg

Today
58endshot.jpg

tanks a little dirty I havent had much time to clean it while working on the other project but you get the idea
thanks for looking and feel free to comment.

Yea i dont like cleaning crews....call me crazy. I have always had different husbandry methods. I, up until recently have run tap water with water conditioner. and I tend to overfeed. My coral growth is fine and my fish are fat and happy.

If you look at the pics from april to may the algea has started to go away. I had a phosban reactor and took it off line and the algeas came so i cut back on feeding and the algea stopped growing and is starting to go away.

My husbandry skills have always done me ok. I liked my old tanks until i got out of the hobby. Just started back in salt and old habits are hard to break.

Here is some pics of my old tanks for anyone interested

200 fowlr
200gal.jpg

200galleft.jpg

75 sumpless reef
fulltank.jpg

yellowmimictang1.jpg

also because this is my intro i will post a couple pics of me
meandmybike.jpg

VicJumpingAlex-1.jpg

I am the one in the air.

I knew i would get you over here kvc.

of course you would say sweet bikes since yours is in the background.

go ahead and do your intro kvc and show everyonr the tank i built for you....lol

great looking tanks. I am a fan of the big angelfish. It warms my heart to see them in a tank. People here have such a lack of love for angelfish

-Doc

I like big angels but unfortunately i wont have any in my tanks for a while. I would like to have a regal eventually but I would have to say bye to most of my corals and i cant do that. Maybe a regal later.

Back