New Video With Both MP40's

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
Well like it says this is just a short video of my tank 3rd day with both MP40's,

What do you guys think is the flow good or should I turn in up or down ??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqh7Z_Tudk]MP40wes x2 125 gl. Mix reef - YouTube[/ame]

In all honesty I think the MP 40 has made some of the corals stay in a bit more than out, Well at least a couple of them that are right in the blast zone. Like my frogspawn use to expand to the point that it would almost touch the rock that the xenias are on and my PSP use to be out more also. When I added the MP40 the PSP where in for 2 days and have now started to come out so I guess there adjusting to the flow, Hopefully my frogspawn does the same. My toad stool in the middle of the tank Does have way better Polyp extension and so does my pink Birdsnest since the mp40s. Hopefully my frogspawn will adjust.

But yeah im really digging theses things so far except for the first one I got was making noise today and I noticed the wet side was a little loose on the impeller so I had to tighten the nut down just a tad and its fine now...

In all honesty I think the MP 40 has made some of the corals stay in a bit more than out, Well at least a couple of them that are right in the blast zone. Like my frogspawn use to expand to the point that it would almost touch the rock that the xenias are on and my PSP use to be out more also. When I added the MP40 the PSP where in for 2 days and have now started to come out so I guess there adjusting to the flow, Hopefully my frogspawn does the same. My toad stool in the middle of the tank Does have way better Polyp extension and so does my pink Birdsnest since the mp40s. Hopefully my frogspawn will adjust.

But yeah im really digging theses things so far except for the first one I got was making noise today and I noticed the wet side was a little loose on the impeller so I had to tighten the nut down just a tad and its fine now...
looks like a very natural flow civicdemon:)
nice tank and stock and the scape looks cool too

I think you're good and probably wouldn't turn them up any more. You have a lot of softies/lps and they like low to moderate flow.
And with the MP's you are getting a nice wide flow stream which is good. More flow with less power.

Ahh my 2 mp40's are sitting on my counter waiting to be set up. My goal is to have my tank up and running next weekend.

The flow and the tank look real good!

Thanks guys. Yeah right now my tank is mostly softies and lps. But ill be adding a couple more sps soon. Flow should still be good.

How are your MP40s set? What wave type and about how far are they turned up? Synchronous or anti-synchronous? I have a 4' 120G currently running one MP40W. I have another one that I was just given, that needs a new magnet and wet frame cover. The magnet was one of the old ones that lost integrity and rusted, causing it to split open, eating the inside surface of the cover. No biggie, but I want to spend my budget this week on fishies....we have family coming from Kentucky and California and I want some nice color and movement.

Stago- no battery backup just yet. Purchased them at diffrent times. But will be getting the backup soon.

Sakura - thanks

Mitch - using reefcrest at 50% antisink.

Back