Newb Ü

EpicRain

Reefing newb
Hey everyone,
My aunt has an Aquarium, and I thought it looked cool, so I got one... only problem is I have no idea what I'm doing. Anyone care to tell me the Do's and Dont's besides FEED THEM?

-Alex

Can you tell us about your setup a little first? What kind of equipment you're using, what kind of animals you have (if any), what your parameters are, how much rock/sand, etc?

Welcome to LR. This is an obsession!! You may not know what your doing ... I certainly don't, but everyone here is great at doing their best at helping you learn.

Sorry I haven't gottin back sooner. Yes I'm currently using a 29 Gallon Salt water tank with Crushed Coral. I plan on putting Lepoard Puffers in my tank but it's currently empty because I'm new to this and I dont have any idea what type of Filter or Equiptment I should grab or what will be easiest

Forget about puffers in a 29.Their just messy at feeding time,plus they get to big.
I take it that you want a fish only tank for now.If thats the case,then you can use an emperor 400 HOB filter.BUT,you'll really have to stay on top of filter maintence or it'll cause water quality issues.You'll also want to look at a good skimmer.

A protein skimmer will be your best type of filtration. If you want to add live rock, that will also help a lot. 1 to 2 lbs per gallon (so 30 to 60 lbs in your tank) is ideal.

A 29 gallon tank is too small for any puffer, sorry...

Welcome to the forum :D.

I'm new to saltwater myself and the articles section was a great help to me. The more I read the more I'm able to fine tune plans for my tank and try to cut out wasting $ on things.

Everybody here is very helpful so if you have any questions post away

Back