Newbies in NJ

Hi all! I just joined living reef a few days ago and have already posted two questions. My son Zach (he's 8) and I have been in the hobby for 3 years. Last summer we had 9 tanks going at once (mostly in the basement). Due to work and other commitments, I am down to a 265 FOWLR, a 55 freshwater with a Oscar named Stewie and a 60 gallon with goldfish (thats Zachs tank). If you have read any of my questions so far, you can probably tell that if there is something that can go wrong, it will happen to me. For some reason, I can't stop. We plan on starting a reef tank within a month. Anyway, I hope I can help others out the same way a few members have already helped me.

Hi and welcome! Glad to have you here.

If you have read any of my questions so far, you can probably tell that if there is something that can go wrong, it will happen to me. For some reason, I can't stop..

If you've read any of our posts, you'd see that's about 90% of us on this site :grumble:

Yotes got it right .... 100%. The hardest part to this hobby is patience. My budget helps keep me in line in this area as the LFS actually expects to get paid :mrgreen:

Welcome to LR.

I would say I buy half my fish at the Tropiquarium in Ocean NJ and the other half from The Fish Tank in Saddle Brook. I buy 90% of my supplies online. I plan on starting a Reef tank soon, do you buy coral locally or on-line?

If my wife knew how much money I spend on my fish and supplies should would kill me. My basement looks like a small fish store.

I used to frequent Allquatics in Hamilton, but due to some personnel changes I am not as impressed with them. A lot of people go to Aquarium Obsessions near Woodbridge. They can pretty much get any fish you want and always have rare and expensive stuff weekly, but it is a small store and don't have much equipment. Are you familiar with the New Jersey Reefers Club?

I am not familiar with that club. I am a member of the NJAS.

Have you purchased anything from Aquarium Obsessions? Do the fish look healthy?

Back