NewPortRichey's Tank Rebound!

Great scaping Newport!
Glad that ATO is working out for you.I constantly ask myself how I ever lived without it.

Oh and congrats on getting married or not.Let me give you this one advice on women.Whatever hers is hers and whatever yours is hers.

lookin good newport

how high does that light sit ( from rim to the top of the light) ?
kinda wonderin' if it would still fit, I have right at 6.in clearance

Great scaping Newport!
Glad that ATO is working out for you.I constantly ask myself how I ever lived without it.

Oh and congrats on getting married or not.Let me give you this one advice on women.Whatever hers is hers and whatever yours is hers.

hahahahhaa, i see the approach to your advice reef. mine is "she's always right, and she knows she's right, even when i get what i want." lol. thanks for the aquascaping compliment. i just looked at my very first rebound thread and remembered that it wasn't too long ago when i first realized that enjoying my fish and scraping my algae were totally different things. it's getting there indeed. after the first night i'm not sure how i lived with one either.:Cheers::Cheers:

Ok, well the wedding is over......
kiss.jpg

2.jpg

the honeymoon is done...............
3.jpg

4.jpg

and the Thanksgiving holiday went smoothly. So, time to turn some much needed attention back to my fish tank. I started today by taking my hippo and yellow tang back. Damn hippo was nothing but a swimming disease anyway. So all I have left for tangs is my sailfin. I picked up some more things today also. Take a look and let me know what you all think............
Full tank shot:
fts.jpg

DSCN1093.jpg

firefish.jpg

firefish4.jpg

firefish3.jpg

Some new Ricordia's, my first ones ever:
ric1.jpg

This one looks extremely weird, but the guy at the LFS threw it in for me:
ric2.jpg

ric3.jpg

ric4.jpg

Scooter McGavin:
skipper1.jpg

skipper2.jpg

This is a stony coral that the fish store had gotten in and they said they were'nt supposed to have it. So, rather than let it go to waste they gave it to me. They say it's supposed to form a large ball. Any idea what it is?

Congrats again on the wedding.Your wife is HOT!.Can I get her digits?(just kidding kinda about getting the digits,not about her hotness)

Tank looks great.Really nice looking rics.
I'm not sure what that skeleton of the corals is.Are any polyps coming out of it.Looks like a dead goniopora skeleton.

How's the purple and red firefish getting along?I've been waiting to mix the two.

Hehehe, I think my wife is hot too. Thanks much. The two firefish are getting along great! They just hang out in the middle/front of the tank all day. There's no polyps or anything coming out of that coral. I don't think it's dead but I'm not for sure. Maybe I should take a better phgoto of it. I think I'm going to go get some more ricordias also, the orange one really zings under the actinics.

Ok, well the wedding is over...... the honeymoon is done...............and the Thanksgiving holiday went smoothly. So, time to turn some much needed attention back to my fish tank.

Well it's about time you got your priorities back in order!! ;)

Seriously though, it's good to have you back. That mushroom looks weird because it's in the process of splitting.

Well it's about time you got your priorities back in order!! ;)

Seriously though, it's good to have you back. That mushroom looks weird because it's in the process of splitting.

Thanks Biffy, feels good to be back. Nice additions to your tank. That shroom has got me all confused. I had a feeling that it was splitting but I just got it. I hope the transfer didn't throw it into shock. I'll take pics of everything again tomorrow with my good camera. Adios' and have a good night!:Cheers:

Good god, I get home tonight and don't see Phil anywhere...my new vlaminngi tang. This is the first time I can't find a fish. I hope my green carpet anemone didn't get too hungry. Couldn't be, he's too well fed. Does anyone have any experience with the juvi's??? I didn't know what to expect, only that I would be able to keep him so long.

Mine hid for a few days, came back out, hid for a few more, now hes back out again... Hes a pretty friendly fish.. just a lil quirky.. Kinda like my new coral beauty... Hides at the drop of a hat..

Well, after a horrible realization that my vlamiingi tang Phil was dead I stopped at my LFS to report the bad news. Turns out they gave me full credit and hooked me up with a much larger one. So, living reefs....... meet Phil 2..........
DSCN3489.jpg

DSCN3488.jpg

I also picked up a lawnmower blenny
DSCN3487.jpg

and got a little creative with the camera.
DSCN3486.jpg

I still have no idea what kind of coral this is. Haven't seen it anywhere. The LFS said it fell off one of the pieces of live rock they get and it wasn't supposed to be there. No vivid colors or anything. Just a brownish tint to it. Definitely living though. They said it should grow to look like a baseball.
DSCN3485.jpg

and here's my playing with the camera........
DSCN3483.jpg

picked this up a few weeks ago..........
DSCN3475.jpg

and another addition from last week.
DSCN3471.jpg

I'm not sure what that coral in the 5th pic is called.But we get a lot of em in at Bermuda when we get a shipment of live rock.It grows in a column though and actually looks pretty cool.

Back