Next fish suggestion

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
My 46g has 3 fishies in it currently, and each one is on the small side for its respective type.
1-false perc
1-firefish
1-6 line wrasse

My lfs is supposed to be getting in some midas blennies this week, i've been looking for one of those for a while. But what else would you put in my tank? I want bright color, and if possible I want a fish with a fuller shape (like a tang/angel) vs the long body style of the blennies, blennies, etc. And of course they have to be reef safe. Anything exist that fits what I'm looking for?

Get a coral beauty. I was gonna say a spotted jawfish but since you want the shape of an angel that wouldn't work. The coral beauty is the only thing I can think of. It would certainly add color. :)

Last edited:
They look cool! But liveaquaria says "Not a good reef dweller, the Coral Beauty Angelfish is prone to nip at stony and soft corals (sessile invertebrates)." :(

No pygmy angel is 100% reef safe, but IME, a coral beauty is probably 1 of the safest. I had 1 for about 5-6 yrs and it never touched any coral.

A talespot blenny would be cool.I'm going to rule out any of the pygmy angels because of the above post.How about trying to pair off your clown.

I had a flame angel for a little over a year,before it started nipping at my corals.So I wouldnt risk the angel.
I'd go with either a flasher,carpenter,or fairy wrasse of some sort.

I would hold off on the blenny for a while. let your tank establish a bit more. you want there to be plenty of detritus entwined with the algae that they are eating to get full nutrition. I think i have talked to you about this before. sorry if its a repeat. but i really love watching my blenny

Back