niger trigger experience

They are reef safe-ish. They are one of 3 or 4 triggers that are usually safe in a reef. I kept a pink tail trigger in my reef for years, and was so sad when he passed away a few weeks ago :( I never had any problems with him, and he was one of my favorite fish. RIP Tangent!!

Niger triggers are like pink tails, and will usually be okay.

sorry biff. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF8mfebPHmU]YouTube - mini reef tank with large clown trigger fish, Nikon D90 movie video 2[/ame] this shows some are reef safe

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

I said some are reef safe. I even said I kept a trigger in my reef for years.

Please re-read my post.

"Can be housed in reefs, harmless to corals, but may nip at sponges, tunicates, ornamental crustaceans an snails. To keep with cleaner shrimps, add the shrimps first."

Humm.... Looks as if they are reef safe. Biff's right again! Cool looking fish. I think I will consider one in the future.

They eat a lot. So if you keep them well-fed, the chances that they will eat other things in your tank are low. If you let them get hungry, then they may start "experimenting" with your other animals.

They are reef safe-ish. They are one of 3 or 4 triggers that are usually safe in a reef. I kept a pink tail trigger in my reef for years, and was so sad when he passed away a few weeks ago :( I never had any problems with him, and he was one of my favorite fish. RIP Tangent!!

Niger triggers are like pink tails, and will usually be okay.

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

I said some are reef safe. I even said I kept a trigger in my reef for years.

Please re-read my post.
sorry biff just reinforcing what you said

Then I will reinforce it again: go for it! I loooove triggers.

If you are going to add it to your 50, it will outgrow that tank very quickly, even if you just buy a small one.

Back