Niger Trigger = Jerk

ErinCahir

Sausage Wrangler
A big, fat jerk.
He's not bothering the other fishes. Just decided he'd like to do some "redecorating" and is picking up anything that isn't glued/wedged down and just dropping it on the sand. Plus I feel like he's giving me the stink eye. It's shape up or ship out time, buddy.

I know. He's still a jerk. He's my husband's fish. I keep trying to talk him into a predator tank because that's all he wants. Maybe this will change his mind.

But how can you resist that giant head?!?! I LOVE TRIGGERS!!

Sorry yours is acting out. Maybe he needs a pet therapist? :lol:

My husband suggested we start feeding him live feeders. I shot that down fast. I was going to get him some silversides. We'll see. He's very pretty. And full of personality. But he needs to knock it off.

I think feeders would be a big mistake....the last thing you want is a trigger thinking its OK to go after live fish.....Trust me,i never feed mine live,but when i tried introducing a new fish recently, it was ripped in 2 and half eaten....but i do love my triggers...

My husband suggested we start feeding him live feeders. I shot that down fast. I was going to get him some silversides. We'll see. He's very pretty. And full of personality. But he needs to knock it off.

I think feeders would be a big mistake....the last thing you want is a trigger thinking its OK to go after live fish.....Trust me,i never feed mine live,but when i tried introducing a new fish recently, it was ripped in 2 and half eaten....but i do love my triggers...

Exactly right. If you want to feed him live food, be prepared for him to start thinking all the other animals in your tank are food too.

Which is why I told him no. My little male maroon is awfully close to food-size. He eats mysis, brine, bloodworms, even some veggies. Last thing I want him eating is livestock.
We even added some new hermits and snails and he really just seemed more interested in picking them up and dropping them. Not eating them. *coughcoughJERKcough*

Don't worry he will...
If i could make a suggestion, he's going to need a lot more meaty types of foods...
Heres what my guys get : Krill,table shrimp,scallops,squid,clams and trigger formula ,and hermits about twice a month for snacks...and they also eat all the veggies the tang and angel get too....there just isn't much of anything in a brine shrimp, mysis shrimp or bloodworms,i don't even bother with them

Yeah... I know it's time to step him up to the big-boy stuff. We tried krill on him a few months ago. He didn't like it. Spit it right out. I was going to get him some silversides...
And whatever strikes my fancy at the grocery store tomorrow.

We've got a small niger at the LFS that likes to bite the net when were trying to catch other fish out of the tank.Then when we put the decorations back in,he goes after our fingers.:shock:

Yeah... I know it's time to step him up to the big-boy stuff. We tried krill on him a few months ago. He didn't like it. Spit it right out. I was going to get him some silversides...
And whatever strikes my fancy at the grocery store tomorrow.

My trigger won't eat krill either. He just doesn't like it..but my blenny loves it. Funny to watch my blenny swim around with a big piece of krill in his mouth.

He totally nipped at me when I was putting the new corals in. To be fair, though, I was putting them right next to where he was hiding...

Alright... he's out of here. Yesterday he went after my sleeper goby (I have never seen a fish move so fast) who didn't even dive down under his rock, he just sat at the other end of the tank and flashed his fins at him (I am convinced this is the equivalent of "the finger").

And just now he went after my Tomini (who's name is To-mater). 'Mater hid in the rocks where he couldn't be reached and the Trigger was still trying to get at him... *sigh*. He's going back to the LFS this weekend. Stupid fish.

SDC12659.jpg

Ahh man...he's sure is pretty though....maybe you could get him some friends to play with...and get rid of the wimpy fish:lol: JK,but i do like the triggers

No thoughts of turning your 150 into an aggressive set-up then??That would be nice....you could get a nice beautiful angel too....ahh....:mrgreen: JK ,i know you have a reef,but you could still get another trigger and a hard nosed tang

I'm trying to talk the husband into an aggressive tank. He really wants a snowflake... which the more I read about it, the more I'm okay with in the reef tank. I'm a little eel biased because we used to have a 125 (sprung a leak) and we had a green wolf "eel" that ate my four favorite fish... I know the true eels are different, though. So I'm slowly coming around.
We both want a lionfish, though, so who knows? Maybe one day...

Back