Niger Trigger = Jerk

Unfortunately lions and triggers don't mix ....the triggers will torment and pick the poor lion to death...this is not from personal experience ,but i have read a lot of stories about it...good luck with whichever route you take...it is a nice looking trigger though:D

Thanks... I didn't mean we would put them together. I meant down the road we'd get another tank... We have a 55 in the basement that's collecting dust.

Thats not always tru. I did have a lionfish with my humahuma trigger. they get along just fine. And another time with a clown trigger. So i know it is possible tio achieve:Cheers:. With whatever you go with good luck.

If you want a peaceful, reefsafe trigger you can get a blue throat, he's not as colorful as some of the other triggers, but they're considered reef safe. I've got one, I love him and he hasn't caused any problems at all.

When it comes to triggers,you never really know how they will behave.I've seen em as mean as a pissed off hornet and as docile as a fox kit.
Sux that yours has to be traded.

Yeah... we went on a field trip today to talk to two stores we had never been to. One was absolutely horrible. The other one was fantastic. He'll be going there. Fortunately, he won't be too hard to catch. He's been attacking anything that goes in the tank. He even got tangled in the net the other day... Stupid fish.

Erin what stores did you go to. I try to get out to Denver and they have a couple of stores that are good. Or atleast they were, i havent been there in awhile:frustrat:

Well we frequently go to Neptune's, Reef & Pond (which is probably my favorite), Aquamart (which is pretty expensive... it used to be Premier... something), and just last weekend we checked out Elite Reef (I think that's what it's called) up on Wadsworth & 84th. But yesterday I went to Denver Tropical Fish Warehouse, which I guess is pretty new. Almost everything looked absolutely horrible. And then I went to Todd's Tropical (which I hadn't been to since I was like, twelve) and everything looked awesome! That's where he's going.

Awww and I wanted to get a Niger Trigger. I've seen one at Petco in a 10 gal all by himself. I want to rescue him. Im afraid a 20 gal long tank isn't for him though. : (

You should have at least a 75 gallon for a Niger... they can grow to 18 inches. And mine has been given another chance. She's calmed down considerably since we've been feeding her bigger food more often.

+1 Erin,i would even dare to say nothing smaller than a 6 foot tank for triggers....
So you did keep yours??I hope so ,it was a beauty

Yep. She still here. I tried to catch her (very very unsuccessfully) three or four times.
But I've added silversides, squid and scallops to her diet and she's calmed down quite a bit. Probably also helped that I glued everything down. We added a flame angel, a coral beauty and a snowflake eel. The eel tried to grab her a couple times (because she was stealing his food). I think that mellowed her out a bit.
And she is very, very pretty.

Flame angel?! I'm jealous haha. How much did you get him for? I'm glad you kept your trigger. I wish they came in dwarf sizes like the angels.

Yep. She still here. I tried to catch her (very very unsuccessfully) three or four times.
But I've added silversides, squid and scallops to her diet and she's calmed down quite a bit. Probably also helped that I glued everything down. We added a flame angel, a coral beauty and a snowflake eel. The eel tried to grab her a couple times (because she was stealing his food). I think that mellowed her out a bit.
And she is very, very pretty.

MMM,thats the good stuff, both of mine love it....i also feed them table shrimp,hermits and krill(and the occasional flame hawk:grumble:...JK) ,never tried silversides..and they make a trigger formula which is frozen cubes...good luck with him

I started with the silversides to feed my anemone and my snowflake. But they are the trigger's favorite by far. Her teeth make this awesome clicking noise when she's eating them.

Back