niger trigger

ooo i see the blue badge now. my questions arent that ridic. there probably questions that other people have but just dont bother asking. has your teacher(s) ever said that to you. raise your hand if you have a question , cause you never know, someone else may have that same question

ooo i see the blue badge now. my questions arent that ridic. there probably questions that other people have but just dont bother asking. has your teacher(s) ever said that to you. raise your hand if you have a question , cause you never know, someone else may have that same question

That was so long ago I cant remember.:mrgreen:

There are at least three species of trigger that are reef safe-ish, in that they don't normally eat inverts or corals: Niger, blue throat, and pink tail. I have a pink tail trigger in a reef tank, and he has never touched anything he shouldn't.

Sargassum trigger
Crosshatch trigger
Blue throat trigger
pink tail trigger
(most days) niger trigger

These guys are all reef safe (won't eat coral) Will most days eat shrimp, snails, and crabs. will sometimes eat smaller fish. I have a mated pair of crosshatch triggers in my 850 that is why I can't put in a few harliquin shrimp to eat my asteria stars. I do have in HIDING a fire shrimp and skunk cleaner, as well as some sort of pistol shrimp that haven't been eaten yet.... or seen for a few months.:mrgreen:

Yeah, the crosshatch triggers are stunning, but pretty pricey (at least for me)!! They have always been one of my favorites.

yea they are great. I like that I have a male and female, so I get both of the colors. Yea they aren't cheap thats for sure, I paid $800. for the pair. 2 years ago. They cost so much because they are a deep water species generally 100 feet down.

Winy do you realize that's $400 a fish! :mrgreen: :shock: :D :lol:

Or you could look at like the male when purchased seperate is $600. so the female was only $200. I got a deal. :mrgreen: They aren't the most expensive fish in my tank. I love the rare and unusual. ;) I am broke from my tank, I refuse to even look at the amount of money that I have put into my tanks over the years.:frustrat:

Back