Nike and Tiger sink to a new low.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Picasso, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Picasso

Picasso Seahorse Whisperer

I'm officially off Nike products:

YouTube - Earl and Tiger

Jerk, using the words of your late father to try and get you out of trouble? Talk about NOT accepting personal responsibility? Tiger, you dug this hole, you get out of it! Grrrrrrr

Picasso, Apr 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Picasso

BL1 ............. Moderator

I've never been a Tiger fan, this whole thing almost made me happy because now everyone sees what I've seen from him for so many years

BL1, Apr 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Picasso

cthegame

this is def a new low. Man F&%k Tiger. who the f is he anyways, he is just an ugly guy with too much money. Stupid media making too much of bullshit.

Ugly + lots of money = douchebag behavior:mrgreen:

cthegame, Apr 8, 2010
  4. Picasso

VAreef

Nike missed a real good marketing strategy with Tiger. Their slogon of "Just Do It" could be exploited in so many ways. Other than that who cares about Tiger and how many um holes he played. Yeah pun intended.

VAreef, Apr 8, 2010
  5. Picasso

Bifferwine I am a girl

I was pretty surprised when I saw this ad. We are supposed to feel sorry for him? Because that's the angle it looks like they are trying to use.

It just looks...disrespectful to me. His dad is dead. Using his voice in this way seems inappropriate.

Bifferwine, Apr 8, 2010
  6. Picasso

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Ironically, supposedly his dad was an adulterer, too....well, that is, according to one of TIger's mistresses, so kinda hard to take seriously.

wontonflip, Apr 9, 2010
  7. Picasso

cthegame

tiger is so lame i would rather have michael jacksons death in the media 24/7 then hearing about tigers personal problem.

seriously why golf? why is golf so big? i know of no kids that see him as a role model, so is he like a role model for adults? i dont get this whole tiger woods craze...he is meaningless in sports (if you even call golf a sport) and as a true role model. Get rid of him already. put him on minimum wage and problem solved. At least he had a undeserving good life for many years. now its time to cut him off...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
    cthegame, Apr 9, 2010
  8. Picasso

Picasso Seahorse Whisperer

I've got a nephew who's 13 and he totally idolized Tiger, well, he used to, don't know if he still does. This kid has been playing golf a few years and did his whole room with a Tiger/golf theme. I guess that's why I have noticed it so much. I get that he's playing a game with the media but using his departed dad's voice.... awful.

Picasso, Apr 9, 2010
  9. Picasso

steelcity

I could care less. It's all media. It's not like he's lining up to say hey look at me. He's just caught at what probably 97% of all men have either done, think of doing, or plan on doing. I'm pretty sure he could give a shit less if Brian Dinning in Tampa just got caught in a brothel. I could care less what he does in his personel life. All media.

steelcity, Apr 9, 2010
  10. Picasso

coolhandgoose

I don't know, I found it to be a very powerful ad, could you imagine your dad whom you idolized being so disappointed in you. As anyone knows, having your dad say that he's disappointed in you is the worst kind of punishment you can receive, at least in my perspective. For him to stand there for 30 seconds as the world looks at him while his dad is basically saying how disappointed he is in him, is very powerful in my opinion. I say good on Nike for showing it. He's had a lot of bad press, and a lot of it deservidly so, but now it's time for golf and he can work out his own personal life without all the media attention. No matter what anyones personal opinion of him is, he is the best golfer in the world hands down.

coolhandgoose, Apr 9, 2010
  11. Picasso

reeffreak

You mean like this.

[​IMG]

reeffreak, Apr 9, 2010
  12. Picasso

SSalty Team Liquid Force

I actually hated the guy before all this shit happened. However, I now actually have respect for him because (yeah EVERYBODY, he is HUMAN) yeah he may be the most well known athlete in history which doesn't make him exempt from HUMAN disorders. I see his issue(s) no worse than another "famous" person's addiction with drugs/alcohol. He admited he had a problem and he took actions to help correct it. He also had the humility to continue on with the sport he loves.

I hope to god that the "tiger haters" have never screwed up in their lives... What makes the difference is he's famous and you're not.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
    SSalty, Apr 9, 2010
  13. Picasso

Bifferwine I am a girl

No, what makes the difference is that when "tiger haters" screw up they don't do it with 20 different women at the same time. His mistakes were not the same as the mistakes that the rest of us make.

Bifferwine, Apr 9, 2010
  14. Picasso

cthegame

He is the most well known athlete in history???

cthegame, Apr 9, 2010
  15. Picasso

Bifferwine I am a girl

Yeah no way on that. Michael Jordan. Babe Ruth. Pele. Muhammad Ali. Lance Armstrong. Shaq.

No way is Tiger more famous than any of those guys.

Bifferwine, Apr 9, 2010
  16. Picasso

fastrd400 It wasn't me! Moderator

There is only one athlete that is known from the biggest city in the world to the tiniest most remote African tribe....................Mohammad Ali. Was, is and always will be THE GREATEST :bowdown:

fastrd400, Apr 9, 2010
  17. Picasso

coolhandgoose

So why does it seem like its a way bigger deal that Tiger Woods cheated on his wife than Michael Jordan who was notorious for sleeping around.

18. Picasso

Bifferwine I am a girl

Because Michael Jordan didn't put up this false "good boy" image his entire life like Tiger did.

It's like finding out that Charlie Sheen cheated on his wife with a hooker. Oh really? No surprise there. That's Charlie for ya! Good ol' Charlie, always up to his antics!

Bifferwine, Apr 9, 2010
  19. Picasso

coolhandgoose

I would agree, however it doesn't make it any more right or any more wrong for either person. They screwed up the same. Our own perceptions of Tiger have changed but it's no different than any other celebrity screwing up, I don't care who they are. Eddie Murphy got caught with a transvestite hooker, but hey he still made some funny movies.

I think people need to start moving on from the Tiger issue which hopefully him getting back in to the swing of things with golf will help.

20. Picasso

dcantucson

I give it two thumbs down.
    As far as the best, we'll see if he wins The Master's.

dcantucson, Apr 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question