Nitr(I)te question

grozier

something smells fishy
My nitrite level looks to be creeping up it's not quite to .25ppm. My ammonia appears to be 0ppm maybe .10ppm hard to tell with the light and comparing to the chart.

I just moved to a new tank but used about 50g out of the 65g tanks water and went to sand and got rid of the crushed coral. There is about 50lbs. of cured live rock right now and I just added 15lbs.of base last night.
The sand is starting to get the brown stuff on it which I hear is good so I don't know if thats whats causing it since I don't have a Ammonia problem.
The tank is a week old except the live rock and 40g of water and the fish (which are doing good along with the star and urchin and horseshoe crab).
Any suggestions?

Both emporers with south and now I'm using my 350 until I replace them very shortly. gettting ready to hook up my canister also to help with water flow(ideal no but)

the ammonia test should be cloudy and yellowish.. but not green

continue testing for nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, phosphates, temp, and salinity

They should all sync in in a few days as the water clears.

The ammonia seems to be yellowish maybe a slight very slight hint of green by my eyes. Water is clear but nitrites should diminish in time if tank is mini cycling?

Back