no more hex tank for me

dan55gallonhex

Reefing newb
I just finished most of my setup. I guess i should change my name huh? Thanks to my friend bigploch ( thanks again ) I got a 65 gallon tank with built in overflow. And yes i finally got a sump no more canister filter for me. check out the picks!!!

DSC03546.jpg

DSC03547.jpg

DSC03561.jpg

DSC03560.jpg

DSC03552.jpg

DSC03555.jpg

Thanks Guys it was alot of work and worry I combined 2 tanks into one with the rock and corals which i heard after the fact wasn't good. really i knew better but hey it worked

Wow, great eyes Dustin. I had to go back and look very closely, but it does look like a clown tang.

Clown tangs are considered some of the most difficult tangs to keep alive, and keeping one in a 65 gallon tank definitely won't help any. They need at least 100 to 120 gallons. They just do not do well in captivity.

i just lost my 2 strip railway gobie. he jummped out!!!!! the only thing is when i had my hex tank i never had a lid and he never jumped out. Know i have glass tops and a canopy????? how did he do it? the only thing i can think of is that he got out the hole in the back of the glass top for the power wire for the power head

They will somehow find the one square inch of the tank that is uncovered! Sorry to hear about your goby -- it sucks to lose a fish that way.

Back