Nocternal stuff

Kwater

Chill
I just got a moon light on my tank and I wanted to get some notecernal animals in my tank that I could watch wall the moon light is on. Are there any good anumdls that I could do that would be more than happy in an 80 gallon. Ps does the noon lights brightness affect the night life in the tank or is it just like normal lighting of nigh ttime

Thanks

If you've got good live rock,you already have all kinds of nocternal life in there.Although even with moon lights,its going to be hard to see most of the night critters.

BTW
I moved your thread here so that you'll get more responses,maybe.

Yes thank you. And you're probably right there is alot of stuff on my live rock. But at night on some nights when the tank is really dark yellow snails come out. What are those.

True they could be anything. I can't take pictures right now cuz my computer crashed. As u might know I do everything now by itouch. And I'm not old enoughf to get a computer myself cuz i dont have that kinda money. But I plan to have tank pics and I will throw one in of the snails

Would a peperment shrimp get along with a cleaner shrimp. And also this cardnial fish u mentioned are they 100 percent nocternal. Or do u see them at day. Also I am really strict with myself. I have an 80 gallon tank. I have a yellow tang. 2 clown fish. 1 damsel fish. 1 green clown gobie. And a suppernatrial cleaner wrassie. Would I be able to have one of these nocternal cardnal fish be able to get along with those fish and would the tank still be understocked. I want the fish to have alot of free room to swim.

Ps. NEVER BUY CLEANER WRASSIES. LEAVE THEM IN THE OCEAN. IT'S MESSED Up TO COLLECT THEM.

cardinal fish also come out during the day, but they don't really swim. They kinda just drift. :D

I have both peppermint and Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. They seem to just occupy their own space and do their things and not bothering each others.

Last edited:
You can also get a Blue LED penlight flashlight for extra night time viewing. Ultra violet flashlights work even better but you have to wear special filter glasses so as not to be blinded permanently.

Peppermint shrimp will get along with your other shrimp. You can buy a small group of them, and they'll all hang out together. Cardinals will get along with your other fish too -- you could get a pair of them. They do come out in the day time too, but are more active at night. They don't swim a lot, they just hang out in the same place.

Ok but if I got one cardnal fish would that still be a understock in my aquarium. Along with peperment shrimp. I really want to stay understocked

How big is your yellow tang? You should be fine for now if you added one or 2 cardinals. Just know that that yellow tang will out grow your tank, unless its in your 300 gallon.

I would choose either the bangaii cardinals or PJ's

Thank you everyone.

And just wondering in my fish book it said that an 75 gallon tank is required so I thought that the 80 gallon along with an understock was ok.

Ps the 300 gallon is a freshwater one.

Cardinals kinda just hang out in the same spot. I think 30 gal is enough for them, just like most fish store websites said.

Ohh I was talking about the yellow tang. But yes I have hurd that cardnels can be done in a smaller tank.

And just wondering how come u allways see cardnals and banner fishes in sps tanks. Sometimes even sps drag tanks

Back