Nocturnal findings? with a missing peppermint shrimp

Will S

Reefing newb
Good morning all, upon going to bed last night I've found what I suspect to be bristle worms in my tank and have already started thinking about how to get rid of them. I just happened to look in try to locate our peppermint shrimp not no avail. Instead I noticed several worms and these little bugs that move very quickly! I realize this is a very vague discription ( dark brown, little antena's, very very quick, living on the rock) may these be something of major or minor concern? As, I mentioned already were really bummed that our peppermint shrimp we've had for 9 months has come up missing? We have no fish any where near big enough to eat him and they've all been with each other for awhile. Ok, hope to hear from you soon

What your seeing is probably pods, they are little and real fast.
But your shrimp probably just molted, so give him a few days and he will turn up.

sorry to hear about the the peppermint, as far as the other findings the bristle worms are a good bennefit to a reef tank. if you really wanted to get rid of some six line wrasse eats them.. the other sounds to me to be a pod either copepod or amphipods, means the tank is maturing and a great source of food for your fish, all in all great nocturnal findings..:D

WAHOOO! Good news is always a good thing, I can only hope that "shrimpy" is ok. Doesn't look good though I've seen nothing of him. Have a gr8 wknd reefers!

+1 all, covered on all bases! My peppermint always hides several days after molting. They are most vulnerable then and usually take refuge. My cleaner shrimp on the other hand, molts but never hides. I see him every day and occasionally find his old coat stuck to the Koralia!

Back