New tank bought on craigslist

it will start tomorrow go pick it up at 6 tomorrow then its down with the 55 and move everything to the 150 i cant wait already working on a stoking list for it (i have my orders from the wife hippo tang is the next fish)

how is this for a stock list for my new tank?
hippo tang
2-clowns
yellow tang
6 line
coral beauty
4-blue/green chromis
royal gramma
bicolor foxface
3 strip damsel
niger trigger

I have seen Niger Triggers be complete pains. One of the LFS has one in its own tank because it destroys everything. I have also heard that 6-lines can be mean. What order do you intend on adding them?

2-hippo tang
1-2-clowns
3-yellow tang
4-6 line
7-coral beauty
5-4-blue/green chromis
6-royal gramma
8-bicolor foxface
9-3 strip damsel
10-niger trigger

and i can move the order and addthe yellow tang later but i had one in my 55 befor i lost all my fish and he was never a problem

everything rehomed in my 40 gal in prep for the new tank

Attachments

• IMG_20140329_145202084_HDR (1).jpg
    IMG_20140329_145202084_HDR (1).jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 321
I wouldn't worry bout the six line, there little bitches but nothing really goes down with them. I know we talk about bioload, I agree with it but with all the tangs, I would add them together. My yellow tang is an ass to everything and he was added last. I wouldn't dare add another fish him in the tank. I honestly don't think it will matter with that behemoth of a tank

Mario is right. Add all the tangs together. Niger Triggers can easily be kept in check by additional feedings. A great way to reduce aggression is to over feed a little bit. Fat fish are happy fish lol. Other then that, bad ass on the upgrade dude :)! Your stocking list is perfectly fine. But yeah, all the tangs at once to help them not rip each other apart lol

the reason im thinking of taking the niger trigger off the list is i read they like to rearrange the tank not sure i want to wake up one morning and find a rock has gone thru the tank. as far as the tangs im fine with adding them together. and i couldnt pass the tank up 450 bux for the tank, stand, 2 metal halide ballasts (each one runs 2 lights, one is 2x175 and the other is 2x250 , 4 metal halide lights, a sump that im not using.

Back