New tank bought on craigslist

well i just ordered 6" Reef OCTOPUS Classic NWB-150SSs, 2 jabeo wp-10's, 2 jabeo wp-40's, and jabeo dc-9000. its going to be christmas next week:thumbsup::thumbsup:. tomorrow im going to get the rest of my sand and order my rocks. i cant to get everything here and in the tank

well my new 175w bulbs and filter sock hold and socks came today. i went and bought 125 lbs of LR and 60 lbs of sand. and im going to start building my new light fixture today well have some pics later.

What size tank is all this going on? The WP-40s move a CRAZY amount of water. My buddy has one in his 150 gallon tank, and it's strong enough to create the perfect wave motion on pulse mode. Just be careful, cause you're talking about a crazy amount of flow lol

new light fixture i built
IMG_20140406_142424327.jpg

Yeah, you are going to have a CRAZY amount of flow in there lol. I recommend using either the pulse mode (W1) or the speeding up and slowing down mode (W2/W3). That'll create a good alternating and hectic flow in the tank for you. I have a WP-25 in my 55, and on pulse mode, at it's lowest setting, it MOVES shit around lol.

yes i plan on and the new ones you can control the speed of them as well and same with the return pump i would rather have to turn them back rather then not have enough flow. ill just have to mess with them once i get them and see how it goes.

Yeah, the WP-25 has the controllable flow rate too. They are awesome little power heads. You planning on a stick tank? Or LPS? Stick tank would be great for the amount of flow you're talking about having lol

It will have sps LPs softies and leathers in it but I would rather run them at 50 to 70 percent on the high side the go small and have to run them max

well i got the wave makers and return pump in re doing the baffles in the sump so i can fit the protein skimmer and filter sock

Back