New tank bought on craigslist

Well I bought the cheap stuff but I still spent some money but I didn't want to take over a year to get everything for the tank like I did with the 55gal and to make matters worse my transmission went out on my truck right after I got the new tank just my luck lol

Yeah, I don't miss high mileage. Not that there's anything better than an ole small block Chevy, it just takes work to maintain and/or rebuild something strong.

Emmet, from now on, make sure you remember to service your trans! Most dealerships recommend between 35-50,000 miles to do it. It's not super expensive, and will save you from having to shell out 1500-2000$ in parts and labor (and that's with a junkyard trans)

And as far as a 4l60e the 3/4 clutch packs are junk anyhow and if you do much towing the will go out weather you service them or not and if its not the clutch pack the it would be the sun shell that goes out as they are junk as well

Easier to just buy a used trans and throw it in then spend hours rebuilding it. Everything has to be SUPER clean and stay that way. When you have a commercial account that is tax exempt with local auto parts stores and junkyards, it's cheaper to do it my way ;)

Easier to just buy a used trans and throw it in then spend hours rebuilding it. Everything has to be SUPER clean and stay that way. When you have a commercial account that is tax exempt with local auto parts stores and junkyards, it's cheaper to do it my way ;)
So you rebuild trans? All around my area they have there own shop and away from all of the rest of the automotive repairs. I have never rebuilt one nor never want to. They look like the biggest pains in the asses and with all the money to replace them in a shop means it takes a lot of time to go threw them. More power to you if you rebuild them, but replacing and rebuilding are 3 different complete things.

Well I don't have that and Mario is right I have never seen a general mechanic rebuild transmissions and its not hard to clean them and keep them clean I only have 225.25 in parts in this rebuild and that is all new clutches steels and replacing all bad hard parts you can't touch a used one anywhere close to that. I was an aircraft engine mechanic for 6 years so this is a walk in the park and it is not my first rebuild

Back