Not a good fish to keep in tank

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by sen5241b, Feb 24, 2010.

1. sen5241b

motorcyclereefer I am Graffiti Petey

Did not know that he had moved. I will have to watch an episode.

motorcyclereefer, Mar 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. sen5241b

rwynn Big Daddy

My 19 month old carries on conversations with me and my wife. I don't remember my breakfast doing that...

rwynn, Mar 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. sen5241b

bigploch Fan of Water

Wow, dustin's back, let the poho wars continue. dcan has gone unchallenged far too long.

back to the main point of third tangent from the last. pig intelligence vs. human 4 yr old intelligence.
    It is my understanding that measured intelligence is the ability to learn. Just because a pig can prove it has the ability to learn through a battery of tests doesn't necessarily mean it can do all of the things that a 4 yr old child can do. A pig doensnt have the same voice box and mouth structure as a 4 yr old human to utter words in english and japanese. This doesn't mean the animal doesn't have the ability to learn the information.
    I do believe there is one thing pigs have over humans of any age. Everything tastes better with bacon on it.

bigploch, Mar 17, 2010
  4. sen5241b

Navarchus Almost smarter than a pig

Yay, the pig intelligence discussion is back on!!

Navarchus, Mar 17, 2010
  5. sen5241b

bigploch Fan of Water

I'm not trying to beat a dead issue here, I just think that there are some minor misconceptions in the conversation. That is all. Sorry if I brought up a sore subject.

bigploch, Mar 18, 2010
  6. sen5241b

Navarchus Almost smarter than a pig

No no, I like the subject. I'm not sure I can articulate my point any more clearly than I already have, but if intelligence means "ability to learn" then the 4 year olds have it in the bag. A four year old's ability to learn surpasses an adult's. The only difference between a four year old and an an adult is that a four year old lacks experience.

Navarchus, Mar 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question