Not long in the hobbie

shane

Reefing newb
I started about 5 months ago with a aquaone 510 75L with built in lights 1 power head and filter also uv streilizer crushed coral as substrate and 25K live rock
MY FISH 1 tomato clown 1 hippo tang 1 cleaner wrasse 1 mandarin dragonet 1 pj cardinal 1 dwarf lion 1 hermit crab 1 teddy bear crab 1 marbled starfish.Then its wasnt long until i upgraded and now i have a 175L aquaready 1 750 aquris canister filter 1 600l/hr hang on filter built in lights 2 power heads still looking for a skimmer crushed coral as well abont 50K live rock MY FISH 1 banner fish(big) 1 sailfin tang 1 bi colour 1 black ribbon eel 1 short spine urchin for now soon i will probly upgrade again to bigger tank still.

Thank you for the advice. I will take the advice and get myself a skimmer.
I have seen a few on the market how would i go about making the right selection.
Or are they all just about then same.

Welcome to the site! hope you enjoy your stay and learn alot from the people on here!
When you upgraded your tank, did you move all your fish from the first tank in, or are you running two tanks right now. I'm a little confused. If you did transfer them over, you have wayyyy too many fish. Either way, your tank is 46 gallons according to my unit converter, and that is way too small to keep any tangs. If they are small, they will be happy now, but they grow fast, and will stress out in a tank that size, they need alot of room to swim. Hope I'm not mistaken with your tank size, even though I'm Canadian, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around metric sometimes. If it is a 46g, look at AquaC Remora Pro, or one of the Octopus skimmers for your tank

Thanks mate i am run two different tanks.
My tank is 46G and now im wishing i went bigger.(for my tang)
I have just order a octopus skimmer Thanks again

Back