Not really an introduction, more of a return:)

drew00c

Reefing newb
Hey Everyone,

My name is Andrew and I joined Living Reefs a few years ago. Recently I have decided to get back into marine aquaria and where better to do it then here. Cant wait to learn and share as much information as possible as I plan and save for my 120 gallon setup ( keep an eye out for the build thread) :)

Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms :bounce:

Not to sure what the plans are yet! Slowly collecting things piece by piece untill I move, as this is sure to be a fairly expensive setup. I am thinking though of going with the 120, building my self a sump( not sure what size I should use) and of course getting the lights. The sump, lights, skimmer ill probably buy before I move. Then when I am all settled into my new place go out and buy the tank. The tank I was looking at is a little short but it is quite long, would this make for a good reef tank or should I go for the more traditional shaped aquarium?

I personally like the longer aquariums because i like being able to watch the fish swim the length of the tank, it'll also give you more surface area for oxygen exchange

Welcome back Andrew.
Longer is better for both the livestock and surface area.Plus with a longer,shorter tank,its easier to reach and twik stuff as the need arises.

lol ill prob just end up going with a 90 so I dont have to deal with all the absurd dimensions of this tank. :) also if I can get 48" for my fixture it will be alot easier to find one that wont break my budget.

Are you planning on taking any road trips down to Arizona anytime soon? I have my old lights from my 240 that I want to get rid of. They would be too expensive to ship anywhere! :lol:

Back