ok - so here are the pics:
I'll start with one to make sure it works... "Full Frontal"
FrontFull.jpg

Great - so here's the rest:
Looking from an angle:
AngleFull.jpg

The full system:
FullSystem.jpg

Sump (I know what your thinking: MASSIVE skimmer... but I had it left from my larger systems, so I'm using it):
Sump.jpg

Just with the Actinic light on:
Actinic.jpg

Yes that and a Stomella are the only two visible hitch-hikers so far (the Good, the Bad and I think the Stomella also qualifies as the Ugly - but maybe I need to wait for a Hair outbreak to get a Sea Hare for that :-))... I think I'll leave it in (despite them being regarded as unsafe in a reef by some) because 1- it's the only thing allive in my new setup :-) 2- I've never (noticed) a problem with them in the past.

An interesting perspctive (scroll down to the last section for Asterina): http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-06/ac/feature/index.php

Would you get rid of it? Had issues with them?

I've counted as many as 100 of the little Asterina stars in my 75.I've not had any problems with them what so ever.I've never seen one near a coral at all.
There mostly on the back glass or in the over flow where there some film algae.
Personally,I leave em alone to do their thing.

I've never even had an asterina in any of my tanks. But I know several people who say they never bothered anything, they let them multiply, and left them alone, then BAM, all of a sudden, they turned and started eating their (seemingly healthy) corals. I wouldn't trust them in my system.

I don't think we ever covered this, or maybe we did, but I forgot. But what brought you to Deutscheland in the first place?

I don't think we ever covered this, or maybe we did, but I forgot. But what brought you to Deutscheland in the first place?

Don't think we have... work moves me around. I joined the company in England (I'm English) - moved to Germany and became a German employee - was in the US on a '3 yr assignment' - now back in Germany. Who knows what's next :shock:...

The rock is cool looking. Love the shapes. Looks great with the light on. Also looks like the skimmer is already working.

joe, great to see you back! im glad you finally found a LFS.

as far as the stars, i had zero probs with mine till i got a toadstool leather and then i had tons all over it constantly. still happening but there really isnt too much damage that i can see. i dont know. im still not in a huge hurry to remove them from my system.

welcome back !!!!! :beerchug:

joe, great to see you back! im glad you finally found a LFS.

as far as the stars, i had zero probs with mine till i got a toadstool leather and then i had tons all over it constantly. still happening but there really isnt too much damage that i can see. i dont know. im still not in a huge hurry to remove them from my system.

welcome back !!!!! :beerchug:
Thanks Alex,

I missed the transformation..... what made you change you name?

j

Well, nothing too serious. Just my old name is the one I would sign up for everything with on the web when I didn't want my actual name. It pertained to a car that I used to own but don't even own anymore. And hell I was pretty much on a first name basis with everyone anyways so why not.

You should make something up. Like that one story about how our parents dated when we were in elementary school, and we're pretty much siblings and all.

You should make something up. Like that one story about how our parents dated when we were in elementary school, and we're pretty much siblings and all.

Hahaahahahaha!!!!!!! Holy crap I totally forgot about that. Good times!

So I changed my name because there was this gang of midgets who apparently had the name first. They got this big running crew here and knocked on my door swingin sausage ropes saying if I didn't change my name in a 24 hour period I would receive the midget aka s13redline crew wrath. Not sure what their name stands for to them but apparently they feel pretty strong about their name. Since I didn't want to get pelted by sausage ropes by the lil men from munchkikn land I decided to make the smart decison and change my name.

Back