not reef, but...

yeah its just some plain ole tan sandstone i picked up along the way. i used to have it in my african cichlid tank years ago, but i fot rid of those a$$ holes and went with SA/CA's instead. i dont think it will hurt too much, seeing as how it porous should be able to grow "life" on it?

Make sure you vinegar test it. If it fizzes then its technically "saltwater safe" but I personally wouldnt risk the possible leaching of other elements and heavy metals.

Silica-based rock, like Yote said, will most likely lead to algae crazy-ness. I would not put that rock in a saltwater tank or you may become super frustrated with the never ending diatom outbreaks.

Porous rocks not only grow good life on them, but they trap detritus and crap and can become water quality issues and algae farms. If you do decide to keep it, make sure you have enough flow around it so stuff doesn't get stuck in the crevices and pores.

i think i am going to just take it out when i get home cause i am new to all this and i dont need anymore problems as of now!!! i know i have said this like 100 times, but thanks you guys!!!!

well i went and made my first payment on the 120 gallon today! i am only paying $325 for it and its brand new, no hoods though, gotta buy that seperate, but i can proably buy them used so no big deal! i guess when i get the tank home i can start the tank build thread!!!!

i already know, im gonna put my dwarf fuzzy lion in it, my picasso trigger, my dog face puffer, 5 blue damsels, a snowflake eel, and a foxface rabbitfish. thats all i care to have, its gonna be a FOWLR. predator tank somewhat.

Back