Not sure what it is....

Ryan

Reefing newb
but I noticed that there's something small that sticks out of one of my live rocks and is probably a little smaller that a dime. Usually when I sneak in front of the tank I can get it to stay out but if I move a hand in front of the tank it will all of a sudden suck itself inside the rock. Not sure what it is. It's hard to get a picture because of it being so small. Any ideas?

Certainly a bad situation but before people jump the guy it should be kept in mind that his lfs most likely told him every thing would be fine as he was ringing up the 300 dollar+ stocking bill.

When the inevitable problems occur with this tank there is a good chance this guy will leave the hobby in disgust. Turning a potential long term customer into no customer at all. Oddly this seems to be the most common business model when it comes to lfs. Makes no sense at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
What?!?! Must have posted in the wrong thread!

Certainly a bad situation but before people jump the guy it should be kept in mind that his lfs most likely told him every thing would be fine as he was ringing up the 300 dollar+ stocking bill.

When the inevitable problems occur with this tank there is a good chance this guy will leave the hobby in disgust. Turning a potential long term customer into no customer at all. Oddly this seems to be the most common business model when it comes to lfs. Makes no sense at all.

I'm betting its a feather duster.But a little more info on it would be helpful.
Try looking on melvesreef.com and chucksadditction.com at the hitchhikers and see if theres a match.

I'm guessing feather duster too. Maybe some type of worm... Hard to say. I would research some online resources for hitchhikers and see if you can match up some pictures with what you have.

Thanks guys. My friend lent me a inverts book and it looks like I have a feather duster sitting on top of one of my rocks. He's cool!

Back