Not sure what this is

TyPierce

Reefing newb
Hello everyone,
I am new to the form and rather new to owning a Saltwater tank in the past couple of days i got about 60lbs of live rock and i found a littel blob looking thing on one of the rocks its kinda a creamy white color and has some bright orange tips to it's what look like tenticals here is a pic take a look and let me know what you think.
(Its right in the center kinda looks like a ball with orange)
DSC_0017.jpg

no idea, but google majano anemone. It could be one of those closed up from the description. In that case you should get some aiptasia X and kill it right away, they can spread and take over the whole tank.

Or it could be a ball anemone, in which case they are a cool hitchhiker.

Ok i got a better picture when i got home from work it has its tenticals out. Also I forgot to mention that it was in one spot when i first placed it into the tank but about an hour later it moved over to this spot

182813_184150178289706_100000841751693_397088_2544692_n.jpg

Last edited:
I looks like some sort of nem, but i really cant tell which type.

It moving around because it wasnt happy with the spot it was in, usually this is because of not correct flow or light, but i think case its probably upset over your tank cycle. There really isnt anything you can do but hope it makes it. Most hitchhikers are pretty hardy, he might make it.

Easier to see now with the new picture. I looks like a shriveled up Rose Tip Anemone to me. Sometimes when they are not healthy they shrink and shrink until there about the size of a nickel. I have had some do that on me. It probably was in the Live Rock when you put it in there and has be dying ever since.

Back