Not sure what's wrong

BL1

Last Wednesday I added a cleaner shrimp, then on Friday I added a starburst poylp and a porcelain crab. Well, when I put the starburst after a few hours a few of the polpys opened. They closed that night and have not opened since. During that time, My shrimp was missing when I woke up Sunday morning. And then this morning when I woke up I found my porcelain crab as well as 2 of my hitchhiker crabs belly up. Is there a reason this is all happening? Are all of these related?
My water is:
pH 7.8
Amm - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
Calc - 400
Temp. - 80 (my heater got stuck open last night and jumped to 82 I've been dropping it slowly all day)
DSCN0357.jpg

Do you have sump you designed your self? Maybe you might of used the wrong silicone? I found out I did my inverts started dying off for no reason.

Maybe your PH is to low?

Whats your Mag. at?

Is there possibly a Mantis Shrimp Hiding somewhere?

Do you have sump you designed your self? Maybe you might of used the wrong silicone? I found out I did my inverts started dying off for no reason.

Maybe your PH is to low?

Whats your Mag. at?

Is there possibly a Mantis Shrimp Hiding somewhere?
Not sure what my Mag. is, I won't be able to test it till weds. I don't think it's a mantis because I don't think they'd just dead in the middle of the tank.

How did you acclimate them? Inverts are very suseptible to changes in salinity

The polyps might need time to adjust to the new lighting.

I had some issues like that in the beginning. Sometimes I think a tank isn't mature enough to support our creatures. How did you acclimate them?

I tested the salinity in the bags, it was 1.025 (mine's 1.026)
I floated the bags in my tank for 20 mins
Then I drip acclimated them (I got them from DD and it came with instructions for it)

Have you used any meds or additives in the tank...or even you or anyone else sprayed something(windex, etc) around the tank.

No, tanks only about 3 weeks old, no additives or anything. I use windex on the outside but, I spray it on the towel away from the tank then wipe it down

Instead of using windex,mix some white vinegar and water 50/50 in a spray bottle.
It actually cleans the glass better than windex and is safe of any gets in the tank.

Might be a good idea to check for stray voltage to.
I've got a multimeter, if I put one end of the probes in the tank where does the second go?

Tank only 3 weeks old?

Are you sure it has finished its cycle? Maybe the test kits are bad.
I got my LS/LR from TBS, the tank cycles very quick with it. It was finished at around 1 1/2 weeks. The test kit could be bad but I'm pretty sure it's not, I had traces of everything during the cycle.

Back