nova extreme fan

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Hey all,
Long time listener, first time caller!
So, I got my brand new nova extreme today, and I had known the fans were loud, but I didn't know they were that loud! So, I've read about the CPU fan replacement option, which I will be pursuing, but in the meantime, will running it w/out the fan be a big deal?

Also, I've been having a lot of difficulty getting the lights into it - I inserted them and turned them to lock them in, but they flicker on and off if I touch it - if I wiggle it around the light will work, but if it shifts much, the light goes back off! What gives? Is there some secret technique to getting it to work?

Thanks,
Alex

the fans are automatic so you cant turn them off, and it sounds like you dont have the light bulbs in all the way or you got a bad unit

I have the nova extreme pro and I barely notice the fan. Maybe they upgraded with the pro version or you just got a bad one.

The fans on my Nova Extremes are quiet.Dont even notice them.
But the fans are there to keep the ballast and bulbs cool.With them,there would be a lot heat buildup in the housing,which could cause some safety issues.Think I would rather hear a loud fan,than risk my lights catching on fire.

I would keep the fans on.The cooler the bulb the more efficient and longer bulb life.

Push the endcaps inwards a bit then re-install the bulbs.I had the same problem with the Nova's.

I have been running mine without the fan because it went out on me about 3 months ago. replaced the fan and that was not the fix. its extremely difficult to get the rest of the wireing to access the power supply to replace it so i gave up. looks like i wont be as efficent dom!

as for the endcaps as dom mentioned, its really easy, if you unscrew the reflector and slide that carefully to the side so you dont rip the moonlighting out there are just a few screws on rails that run down the fixture. loosen up the screws andtake it in a bit. hope that helps

As for the

Thanks for all the help guys! I was able to fix it the way Dustin suggested - pefecto! Now I've got another issue with my Prizm Pro I got from the LFS. But I'll put that in another post....

-A

Back