novice jbj 23 gal.

Cool shrimp, I think i've seen mine maybe 5 times in the last 3 months! Of course after I bought it I found out they're nocturnal, but it did a fine job on the aptasia. I'm planning on getting a fire shrimp next.

Exotic Underworlds on Montgomery Crossroads. They had alot of corals. Some fish. I was actually pleasantly surprised because I heard it was not too good but it wasn't bad at all. The staff was alot more friendly and helpfull than the store in Augusta. The store in Augusta is top notch on tanks and live stock but the employees could care less about the customers. I live only 45 min. from Statesboro and go there quite often. I was wondering how many aquarist were around.:Cheers:

I have heard of that store but I have never had a chance to go to it, it is hard for me to get to sav sometimes with work and school. I have only talk to one other guy in statesboro with a saltwater tank sadly. All we have is a petco now and their selection is horrible most of the times.

The Petco iin Evans Ga. has pretty good selection. So are you getting stuff on-line? Have you got pics of your tank? Heres some recent ones of the 28 gal.

Attachments

• FTS(2).jpg
    FTS(2).jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 235
  • FTS.jpg
    FTS.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 215
Here is a pic of the new shroom. Not sure I will leave it where it is now because it is hard to get a look at it. But its doing so good didn't have the heart to move it yet. You can see it also in my last post on the lower right hand rock in the 2nd pic! The algae seems to be getting better and better with the weekly w/c's.:^:

Attachments

• new mushroom.jpg
    new mushroom.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 207
  • thecave.jpg
    thecave.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 235
This piece I bought this weekend is looking good but it is kinda strange because it has a mushroom growing from each end. So they are kinda 180 deg. from each other. The bigger one has turned upward but the small guy is still kinda horizonal. Will it be able to eat like that? Thanks for any replies

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 217
And then look who showed up! Surprised it came out with the lights on. I was feeding and it came to eat.

Attachments

• shrimp.jpg
    shrimp.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 226
  • shrimp2.jpg
    shrimp2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 224
This little piece looks bad. I'm not sure if it is not opening or if it has been picked clean. If it has been eaten it would have to be the peppermint shrimp. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• coral2.jpg
    coral2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 244
  • coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 215
I bought this rock today. I don't like it so far. Sucks because it was 8.99 lb. I'll just have to leave it in awhile and see if I get used to it or move it around some more. I know next time I will get all the aquascape done 1st!

Attachments

• newrock.jpg
    newrock.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 229
Picked a few more pieces of coral today. I think I can arrange the new rock so that It will look okay. I haven't tried yet because I have been getting a slight ammonia reading. Maybe feeding to much so I cut back. I am adding stabilizer daily to get the reading back to 0. Also the algae is still growing. I will get some pics posted tonight.

Heres apic of the new pieces. Camera is just a phone so excuse the pic. Plus I will clean the glass tomorrow. Still have to do that 2 or 3 times a week because of algae.

Attachments

• 021611195914.jpg
    021611195914.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 244
a few more pics after cleaning the glass and w/c.

Attachments

• 02-17-11-1.jpg
    02-17-11-1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 02-17-11-3.jpg
    02-17-11-3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 02-17-11-4.jpg
    02-17-11-4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 212
Its been 3 weeks since i posted any pics so here are a couple. Everything is coming along nicely. (famous last words!)

Attachments

• 03-15-11.jpg
    03-15-11.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 03-15-111.jpg
    03-15-111.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 234
Back