Oceanic biocube 29 min - max line

Robtv

Reefing newb
Can any body tell me I just got a biocube oceanic 29 and their is a min and max line on the side where the pump goes does that indicate that the water should only go up that high in that chamber

Mine is always higher than that. The only time i have trouble is when it gets low and my pump spits out air. Im sure there is a reason to not go past the max line, but i haven't found it yet. :)

The best thing to do with a biocube is....1.Replace bioballs with live rock rubble 2.Get rid of the stock cooling fans for stonger fans 3.Buy a HOB protien skimmer. After all that...feel free to fill it to the top in the back. That's how I have my Seahorse Nano set up & it runs great!

The best thing to do with a biocube is....1.Replace bioballs with live rock rubble 2.Get rid of the stock cooling fans for stonger fans 3.Buy a HOB protien skimmer. After all that...feel free to fill it to the top in the back. That's how I have my Seahorse Nano set up & it runs great!

I agree with everything you said except the live rock. I had rock in the back and it did diddly squat. I removed the rock and I'm now looking to replace it with chaeto and scrape the paint off the back glass so I can see. :)

Oh. . . like a mini fuge or something right? If I add a fuge (that I dont need) to my nano, it will be atleast 10 gallons. I also fail to see how bioballs are more effective than LIVE ROCK rubble. You can fill the bio cube to the top with rubble which allows you a little bit more water volume. If you go pass the MAX line in the biocube, you submerge the bio balls & the bacteria on them need exposure to air. That is why it's called a trickle filter. If you fully submerge bioballs, you cut there effectiveness down to 30% at best.

Last edited:
Back