Ocean's Ocean.

OceanCrazy

Reefing newb
Hey all, I am doing a new thread of my tank since it's no longer a 5g. Now I have this 16 running a little over a week I think. Ammonia spike today , it's at 0.25 and nitrite is at 0.25 too. Yesterday it was all 0, I thought I would not go through another long cycle since I transferred everything from the 5. i hope its a short one.

Last edited:
Are you back??? :D I still have your tang, cb, and blenny...they're doing great! Was thinking about taking down my tank, but changed my mind. Hehehe.

Are you back??? :D I still have your tang, cb, and blenny...they're doing great! Was thinking about taking down my tank, but changed my mind. Hehehe.
Yes i am, and dont take that tank down, u will regret it. I almost bought a 90g before i set up the 16, but decided to wait and see how my house hunting goes.Lets see some pics of them, i miss them like crazy but i am happy they are with u.

Ok now my Nitrite are at 0.1 and my nitrate are between 20 and 40. That short cycle i thought it would be, turned out to be a long one. Should i do a water change cause my snails are trying to get out of the Tank? Plz help.

Yeah, my nitrates are stuck at 20. I am not over feeding, and i even got cheato in the back fuge basket to help out with that issue. I am thinking of maybe getting another test kit and try it out see if i get the same result.

I Vacuum only where it can fit like front part only, and i turned my skimmer off cause it gave me hell to get it to work without overflowing and i still got micro bubbles even after 2 months of running it.

Back