Ocellaris Clownfish Food?

They will appreciate and do best with a variety of frozen foods. Your best bets are mysis shrimp, Emerald Entree and Marine Cuisine. Mixing things up ensures they get what they need. Bigger clowns will also eat krill, and smaller clowns will eat Cyclopeeze.

If you're only wanting to buy one type of food though, Rod's Food is perfect. It has everything.

I feed Nemo Marine Cuisine. I also melt and shell some whole krill. Put the krill in the slap chopper until it's chopped to bite-sized pieces for his tiny mouth (he's only about 1.5" long). I mix that with his Marine Cuisine. Thats all he ever gets. He's growing, but very slowly.

I use to only feed frozen. Marine Cuisine, emerald entree, cyclopeeze, mysis shrimp.

I am now including a pellet made by spectrum. This pellet has done a wonder for my fish, there colors are better and they are much healthier. You just need to be careful not to overfeed it, it can pollute your tank. Remember not all pelleted food is alike.

If you just have clowns in you tank the pellets would be fine.

My clown won't eat the Ocean Nutrition Formula Two Marine pellets. Tried it and gave up. Got a whole container of that stuff and no fish to eat it.

my fish eat everything but my midas blenny was getting really skinny eating a mixture of frozen foods so with some advice I started feeding all my fish Ocean Nutrition Marine Pellets and the protein content really fattened them up. The only problem is that the pellets sink fast and the whole ash residue problem.

Am I the only person feeding my fish flake food?? Everyone seems to be doing fine in my tank with it.

Flake food isn't very good for your fish or for your tank. Most of the food just breaks down and instead of feeding your fish it feeds your algae. Look at the ingredients, it probably starts with something like ash.

Heck - the food doesn't last that long! The fish eat it before it can hit the bottom or get taken to the sump. I use Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef. I've read the ingredients and there is nothing close to ash. The first 8 to 10 ingredience are meaty items like plankton, krill, and brine shrimp. I've been using it for over 2yrs now without any problems. I will occationally give them the frozen food though.

the clowns and chromis will do okay on flake. Your purple tang needs more protein are you feeding him algae sheets (nori)? His colors will be more prominent with a better diet, and he will live longer.

Flake food isn't very good for your fish or for your tank. Most of the food just breaks down and instead of feeding your fish it feeds your algae. Look at the ingredients, it probably starts with something like ash.

I use the Ocean Nutrition Formula One Flake food from time to time and the top ingredients are salmon, plankton, krill, tuna eegs and more plankton.

Back