Ocellated Dragonet Is Hard To Keep

OLDONE

Reefing newb
I have read the Ocellated Dragonet should be kept by experienced aquarists as it is quit difficult to keep. It needs live food and is very difficult to get to eat prepared food. I have inherited one. It is eating the food I give the others. I try to feed it away from the other fish as it is slow moving. There are 2 Blue Danios. 2 Clownfish and a Neon Dotyback in the aquarium. They all get along fine.:)

Last edited:
Good job! Getting them to eat the frozen foods goes a long way in keeping them healthy if you don't have enough of a copepod population to keep them fed.

I went out to the beach yesterday morning and found some cockles(clams). Cleaned them and froze them. I used a fine grater and the fish love them.

I have a Azure Damselfish and a Yellow Tail Damselfish not 2 Blue Danios. If I remember correctly Danios are freshwater fish. One of those days!!!!I Also feed them frozen salmon and cooked shrimp. They like those too. I am lucky that I live by the ocean. Cheers.

Last edited:
The Ocellated Dragonet is doing great. It eats cooked and raw shrimp, raw deer heart, raw clam meat, raw salmon and raw halibut. It appears to be in great shape. I think it has grown too.;)

Last edited:
Back