octopus HOB skimmer

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I decided I wanted to try an octopus HOB for my predator tank, and I'm not sure which to go with. The online supplier I can get them from is pretty vague in its descriptions.

Octopus Dual HOB skimmer OCT-BH-300

dual pump, skims 135 gal....$129.99

Octopus HOB with filter system

includes skimmer, filter chamber and surface skimmer.....$159.99

Why can't I find a homepage for octopus?

Try http://www.octopusskimmer.com/ Octopus is the company that use to make the ASM skimmers which they changed there name and no longer make the ASM series.
That is not true. ASM - All Seas Marine has nothing to do with Octopus. The link you gave is for Marine Solutions web site (www.marinesolutionsinc.com). They USED to carry ASM, but don't anymore. That's why if you go to asmskimmer.com you see this message....."Welcome to ASMSkimmer.com. Many have noticed that we are not offering many skimmers anymore. Marine Solutions, the company behind this site, will no longer be offering the ASM products."
Marine Solutions owns the domain names. That has nothing to do with who makes the skimmers.

I'm throwing a lionfish in a 40, nothing extravagant. I picked up a 40, 2X21W t5's, maxi 900, maxi 1200, 30lbs rock, sand, leathers, hammer, GSP and some others as a rescue for 100 bones.

That is not true. ASM - All Seas Marine has nothing to do with Octopus. The link you gave is for Marine Solutions web site (www.marinesolutionsinc.com). They USED to carry ASM, but don't anymore. That's why if you go to asmskimmer.com you see this message....."Welcome to ASMSkimmer.com. Many have noticed that we are not offering many skimmers anymore. Marine Solutions, the company behind this site, will no longer be offering the ASM products."
Marine Solutions owns the domain names. That has nothing to do with who makes the skimmers.

hmm, false rumor then I guess.

Back