Octopus horizon Help Me Plz

blazk

Reefing newb
i have a Octopus Horizon 4ft light. It has moon lighting but the light is on a timer so i cant switch on the moon lights without turning all the other lights off. Is there any help or advice that anyone can give that will alow me to use a timer on the main lights and when they turn off switch on the moon lights. Here is how it looks.

The Side Lighting Switches. Left to Right: Moon lights , 2x Arctics, 2x White lights. Sorry about the size wanted to get the detail for you.
lighting.JPG

The power cord runs down to the switch (shown Here)
lightswitch.JPG

Then Runs to the Power board which has a timer on it. (shown here)
wiring1.JPG

Thanks for reading. Looking froward to your responses.

If the moon lights have their own power cord,you can just put them on a seperate timers.
I'm using one of those corallife power centers that has a plug just for the moonlights.Comes on as soon as the actinics go off.

no separate cord :(
I think i need a sparkies help...any electricians out there?

Last edited:
Short of taking apart the light and rewiring it, you are SOL. You can get separate moon lightson ebay for $15 bucks and put it on a separate timer.

Got my Mrs, sisters, boyfriend who is a sparky to rewire the lights for me. Ill let you know how it all goes. Apparently its an "easy" job, but heard that before. Bad Octopus should have made a better effort.

Back