Octopus OCT-BH-800S

daugherty

part time reefer
This is the skimmer that i got for my 75 gal and so far this skimmer is pulling more smelly crap than any skimmer that i have ever had on any one of my tanks before. i will defentaly buy another one if ever needed.

016-4.jpg

015-4.jpg

013-5.jpg

010-6.jpg

HOB model?

And dammit, would you get another Avitar! I keep getting distracted by it in any damn thread that you reply to! :mrgreen:

CMOS

Yeah, I want to second this review.
I've been really happy since listening to the widsom on this board and getting the Octo. It's pulling a lot of good gunk out of the tank and seems to be pretty powerful.

Biggest downside is the horrible, horrible instructions. Took me 1+ week to figure out the concept/how to use it (without this forum, would have never figured it out) I think, though, people who have used skimmers before would be able to figure it out.

Very easy to clean!
-Alex
Oh, if anyone knows any mods for it, I'd love to hear them...

Do you not run a sumo. Im sold on there products i put the OCto 200 extreme on my 110 and it rocks. For the money it is the best skimmer hands down.

Biggest downside is the horrible, horrible instructions. Took me 1+ week to figure out the concept/how to use it (without this forum, would have never figured it out)

Agreed. I have a different Octo skimmer (a recirculating one, it's giant). It came with quite a few pieces, and it probably took me several hours to finally put it together and get it working. I was totally guessing, trying to follow the picture on the box.

Do you not run a sumo. Im sold on there products i put the OCto 200 extreme on my 110 and it rocks. For the money it is the best skimmer hands down.

i do have a sump but it has almost about 150 pounds of live rock it it and no room for a insump skimmer. i was going to get an external one to sit beside the stand but i decided not to because the kids would more than likely not leave it alone so this was the best choice for me.

Agreed. I have a different Octo skimmer (a recirculating one, it's giant). It came with quite a few pieces, and it probably took me several hours to finally put it together and get it working. I was totally guessing, trying to follow the picture on the box.

i used the picture on the website that i bought it from to put mine together. as the instructions sucked the big one

i modded this skimmer by drilling a hole that alllows the water to drain back to the intake side so that it will re reskimmed. so far it is working out great. almost no bubbles leave the skimmer and it is pulling out nothing but black liquid and stuph that looks like peanut butter.( i wonder if i could sell it to the peanut plant in GA)

nevermind, found Daugherty's old post to me where he told me what to get...wish I had bought that pump then...mine is still acting up.

Back