Octopus skimmers

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by lightcs4, Jan 24, 2009.

1. lightcs4

lightcs4 Loving to learn

Seems like a lot of people use these skimmers. I know I could use a skimmer and am starting to save for one. The 800 is a bit over my budget. However, the BH-100ss and BH-100F are within my budget (the 100F being the highest I can reasonably go). Any personal experience with these models or recommendations on Octopus skimmers that are $159 or less? I have to save up for it, $10 - $20 per week, but want to get something that will really improve the water quality. I already have an HOB fuge. I don't have room for an under the stand sump.

Thanks in advance.

lightcs4, Jan 24, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. lightcs4

messiah023

I have the 100F and it's awesome.
    No need to look any further.

The pump is out of the tank, the skimming is great, the maintenance is simple, the instructions are horrible.

GREAT REVIEW WITH PICS

:)

messiah023, Jan 24, 2009
    lightcs4 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. lightcs4

lightcs4 Loving to learn

Thanks Messiah! I will start saving toward this beginning with the next paycheck! I have an RODI unit coming (already ordered) so I have to wait for the skimmer. It is the last big purchase for the tank. Funny thing, I read your link while researching the two models.

lightcs4, Jan 24, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question