Odd Firefish question.

vonjankmon

Reefing newb
I recently upgraded my tank to a 90 gallon and I was lucky enough to find a pair of Steinitz gobies with a pistol shrimp already grouped with them on Divers Den. I got them and 5 Red Spot cardinelfish and eventually got them all into my 90 gallon that already had a Firefish in it. The Firefish disappeared the next day, he normally hangs out in the middle of the tank. After some searching I finally found him in the burrow under some rock that the gobies set up shop in.

It has been almost a week now and he is still hanging out with them. He does not come out anymore he just stays in with them. They all appear to be happy, I drop mysis shrimp in front of their burrow and I have seen at least one of the gobies and the Firefish come out to grab one so I think they are all eating but the total change in activity is throwing me a bit. I have had the firefish for almost two years and he always hides in the rock work at night and then comes out during the day so not sure why the sudden change in activity. The Red Spot Cardinelfish are a third his size and as far as I can tell totally peaceful so I do not think they are scaring him or anything.

I know the whole new tank thing could have affected him but I would have thought I would have seen him at least once in a week out of the burrow. Anyone else ever experienced something like this

When I upgraded my tank my fish went thought hell, my fire fish lived under a rock for the whole week it was in the 'holding tank'. When he finally got into the new tank he went and found a new rock to hide under and was there for a while, he eventually came out more and more but I wouldn't worry as long as he is eating?

He came out for a brief period yesterday in the evening when I was feeding. I guess he could not resist the OVA that I started feeding my red spot cardinels. I think he finally learned that when the flow in the tank decreases from me putting my MP40 into feed mode means that food is coming. Hoping to see him out more soon.

Sorry, only follow this link if you can stand 4 minutes of 1960s Disney movie trailer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLQMQYx4y4s]YouTube - The Ugly Dachshund trailer, Great Dane 1966 Disney[/ame]

Back