Odyssea 24" 48 watt t-5 light fixture

hibye

Reef enthusiast
I bought the Odyssea 24" 48 watt t-5 light fixture a little more then a year ago. I bought it off eBay for 40-60$ shipped. I got it off of eBay because the main website that sell Odyssea is Aquatraders.com but they were out of stock. I like this light a lot. It was on my 10 gallon saltwater tank with live rock,yellow watchman goby, zoanthids, and a Monti. The ten gallon had algae problems so I ditched it and put the corals and goby in my 30 gallon reef. The monti died unfortunately. I then put it on my 20 gallon freshwater planted tank and it has been doing terrific. It came with two 24watt t-5 watts, LEDS, freeze dried shrimp, has a splash guard, movable mounts, and very thick wires. Some people have had some of the Odyssea products and have said they have caught on fire. Mine doesn't get hot at all unless I had running constantly for a week. The wires are very thick also. Here are the pics. watch out for the LED's plug though, as it snaps very easily. My mom ran it over with the vacuum and sucked up the two end tips so it is going to broken until i fix it.
PICT0098.jpg

PICT0099.jpg

PICT0101.jpg

PICT0103.jpg

PICT0104.jpg

PICT0106.jpg

PICT0108.jpg

PICT0110.jpg

PICT0111.jpg

PICT0112.jpg

PICT0116.jpg

Pros:
cheap
splash guard
thick wires
moving mounts
stay cool
came with LEDs,bulbs, and shrimp
nice end-caps

cons:
splash guard is hard to get out.

IMHO this is a very good light and is definitely worth the money.:bounce:

cool i just bought one on ebay yesterday and was wondering about the fire but most of the fires where the medal halide lamps. mine i got are power compact so i think ill be fine but i was worried for awhile.

Back