odyssea metal halide fixture...

buddy08

SPS Addict
should i buy one? guy locally is selling a 250w with 2x actinic bulbs and 4 led moonlights for a 100 bucks... this a good deal? is the fixture worth buying? and would it be a good light source for my 46gallon bowfront?

As long as it is the newer style. They a while back had issues with their ballasts over heating and catching fire. I know people running them without issue, but again, these are the updated ones. The price sounds right, and it would be fine on your tank.

what bothers me is the deminsions of 12 inches.. will that play any factor in the light output or will it be great for the 46g bowfront?

New ones are 200 or 300 bucks , I run one, its great, im thinking of going for the newer style later down the road. I recommend them.

bought it... now if only i can figure out how to mount this thing over the 46g bowfront.. and the guy posted the dimensions wrong, its 24"long by 15" wide. said bulbs were 5 months old, i asked him if he bough the fixture new or used and he replied new. i dont know how old it is though, didnt ask. he was 16 years old so i doubt it was over a year old. all works on it as well, fan clicks a little bit sitting upright and is silent when i tilt the fixture sideways so i plan on opening it up, cleaning it and making sure the fan is seated properly in its holdster. but yeah, again, any ideas on how to mount this thing above a 46g bowfront?

I think hanging kits are pretty universal. Someone else will have to let you know if they make one specifically for that fixture. Or u could try googling it. Also you can make your own diy hanging kit using aircraft cable from Lowe's,HD.

Nop, if you look closer at the description they fit two different things, but they do have the same picture! ;)

This is a very old picture of mine when i first got it a year or so ago, the brackets on the side slide in and out, so you can adjust for different tank size. As for the different method of mounting i have no clue. Email Aquatraders, they are very helpful, they will be able to help you. But heres the pic:

Photo0217.jpg

Back