Odyssea Metal Halide

Those mounting legs you posted are for the older model Odyessas. If you look that Halide System you posted it has extend-able legs on the side.

I have heard that. I would PM Cathic, he just got a 48" model for his 75 a month ago. He should be able to help you with how he mounted his.

Do you think this would work if i got the new model with 716w.

1. Only turn on the 4 actinic bulbs on at dawn and dusk and keep the MH on for 8 hours.
2. Take two actinic bulbs out so there are only two bulbs running and run them with the MH and dusk and dawn.

This is for a 55 Gallon 48x13x20

It would certainly be alot. You could always have the T5s shut off about 10 mins or so after the MH come on.

so just run the t5's at dawn and dusk (Each an hour or two) and run the MH for 8 hours. So that way i would only be running 500w for 8 hours and 216w at dawn and dusk and then turn on the Moon lights at night. That's about 9 watts a gallon.

Yep you could do that. Also most people just run the moonlights all the time, they don't use much power to worry about.

You should be able to acclimate them to the lights. If any corals look like they're having a hard time adjusting you can keep them on the sides of your tank. The brightest spots are going to be directly under the bulbs.

In relation to this kit, I'm about to purchase a barely used fixture (same model and everything). The guy I'm buying it from has a 90 gallon and is getting rid of it because the two 250 watt halides shoot his temperature up by about a degree an hour. I have a 75 gallon tank which is 6" shallower. Do you think that my tank is going to have worse problems, and do you even consider that a problem at all?

Over heating can be a problem. You can always raise the lights higher or attach some clip-on fans to the side of the tank and have them blowing across the surface of the water.

I have a 760 over my 55 and the leg kit is way too short. I am down to only running one of the 250s a couple hours a day, and have most of my coral on the opposite side of the tank. I am working a trade right now with a guy who has a 90 and this fixture should be a better fit for him. Those MHs are only about 5-6" above the water, and with rock, the top of a nice coral can easily cook under that light. I do believe that this fixture would be fine if I had a way to hang it another foot higher, but that is not an option in my shop. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

I have a MH from Odyssea and overheating is quite a big problem, but i just have a fan running across the water, works just fine, my temp is now real stable.
Ohh and on a note, mine shoots more than 1 degree and hour if the fan is not running more like 3 an hour, no joke.

I have a MH from Odyssea and overheating is quite a big problem, but i just have a fan running across the water, works just fine, my temp is now real stable.
Ohh and on a note, mine shoots more than 1 degree and hour if the fan is not running more like 3 an hour, no joke.

Do you have the new extendible series?

Back