Official -- Frag Swap Information

bkv1997

Reef enthusiast
This thread is being used to display information as it relates to the frag swap.

The Flyer
OfficialFragSwapPicture.jpg

The Speaker
Thom Demas from the TN Aquarium is confirmed for 1:30. His main topics are Seahorses and SeaDragons. He will have a question/answer session afterwards.

Randy from Reed Maricultures is confirmed for 12:45. He will be talking about their products, facilities and answer any questions.

Donations to be Raffled
Premium Aquatics < Premium Aquatics INC - live rock and aquarium supply > has generously donated 4 - $10 gift certificates

Champion Lighting <Champion Lighting & Supply >
Digital Fish Feeder - $35
Blue Line Moon Lighting - $50
Tsunami AT1 Auto Topoff - $60

Frag Farmer dot Com <Frag Farmer dot com live coral and rock>
Will be sending donations on August 4th.

Pacific East Aquacultures <Welcome to Pacific East Aquaculture>
2 - $25 gift certificates

Hello Lights <Hellolights.com>
5 - $10 gift certificates

AirWaterIce <www.airwaterice.com Products and answers for your water treatment needs.>
Donated a 4 stage RO/DI water filter!

Dr. Fosters and Smith
2- $25 dollar gift certificates

Links to clubs and forums where I have posted to get people participating.
RC - Announcement
Reef Central Online Community - FRAG SWAP - Chattanooga, TN - 8-5-06

RC - Knoxville
Reef Central Online Community - Frag Swap - Chattanooga, TN - 8-5-06

RC - Nashville

RC - Atlanta
Reef Central Online Community - Frag Swap - Chattanooga, TN -- 8-5-06

RC - Alabama

RC - Charleston, NC
Reef Central Online Community - Frag Swap -- Chattanooga, TN -- 8-5-6

RC - North TN
Reef Central Online Community - Frag Swap -- Chattanooga, TN -- 8-5-06

RC - West TN (Memphis)
Reef Central Online Community - Frag Swap - Chattanooga, TN - 8-5-6

RC - Myrtle Beach SC

Charleston, SC
Frag Swap - Chattanooga, TN - 8-5-6

RC - North Carolina Frag Trading
Reef Central Online Community - Frag Swap -- Chattanooga, TN - 8-5-6

The Reef Tank - Atlanta Club
Frag Swap - Chattanooga, TN - 8-5-6 - The Reef Tank

The Coral Forum
http://www.coralforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=72099#72099

Last edited:
Just spoke with Jim from Extremecorals.com and they are going to help us out with the fragging corals, the zoanthids for sure. They may also give a certificate.

Scott from Hellolights.com is also going to be sponsoring this event as well I believe.

More to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glass cages has agreed to come set up a table. they will also be bringing a truck full of custom tanks to let people see there work. they said they will be donating some item too, and will let me know what they are tuesday, so ill post again when i find out. reed mariculture said they would send stuff but I havent been able to get ahold of them again.

Just so this newb is clear, can we bring used items such as things we may be trying to get rid of? Or should we keep it less than a 'flea market'?

I actually have a brand new light fixture that tim gave me ( to make up for my bad ballast he sold me. Isn't that sweet?! ) that I thought of trying to sell so I could have cash for a new ballast.

What's the rule on what we can sell/trade?

Just for those who haven't been catching on..... After something is for sure i delete it and move it into the original post... to keep things clean.

So david quit posting the same stuff over and over again, its already up top.

HEHE.

DarthOcellaris said:
Just so this newb is clear, can we bring used items such as things we may be trying to get rid of? Or should we keep it less than a 'flea market'?

I actually have a brand new light fixture that tim gave me ( to make up for my bad ballast he sold me. Isn't that sweet?! ) that I thought of trying to sell so I could have cash for a new ballast.

What's the rule on what we can sell/trade?

Andy:

Yes you can sell used equipment. I believe the term we used was we prefer people to only sell "gently" used stuff... If it looks good and works bring it, don't bring the pump that works, but shocks you when in water, because you know people can't test it in water at the swap...

You get the idea.

Brandon

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE!!
I just noticed this post over on the East TN reef club forum. I thought I would share it with you guys.

David, once again you have shown us your true selfless nature by volunteering to do this for us. It will really help people find the place. I know it will be hot but I will make sure you have plenty of water.:Cheers:

"Rumor has it that RevHtree will be dressed like nemo and dancing by the street flagging people down for this event. You really dont want to miss that do you?"​

Thanks again David, this is going to be the best Frag Swap ever!! :mrgreen:

I just remembered this. What supplies should we bring for everyone? ie..I have a spare 20 gallon long tank and some powerheads I can bring. I also have a coralife 24" Aqualight and a coralife 10" aqualite hoods.

I can bring some Ro/DI water if somethinks that might be necessary. I can bring a supply of salt too just incase.

Any thoughts?

Hey it would be a good idea if the ones that have not posted in the threads that Brandon created about the swap, go and bump the threads. Say something about how awesome it is going to be etc....

It seems there is only two or three people doing anything for the swap. I think it would be nice to see a list of decisions made from these people. For instance, the shirt idea...what has become of that? I feel it would be nice to have some delegations so things can get done more timely. Maybe all this has happened behind the scenes, I do not know? I just feel there are some people in the club that would like to be included or maybe it is just me?

Ok start with bumping the threads! LOL. Kidding. I am not sure what the list looks like. Aheemmm Brandon, Brian.......List please. ;)

We discussed alot of little things at davids house at the last meeting.
1. Street signs (5) to give directions from the off ramps on 153.
2. Banners to post in the building. -Angela and her girls.
3. People to help set up friday night and get there early to help with setup saturday morning (9:00).
4. people to bring Heavy duty extension cords, and power strips.
5. Sound equipment for speaker, computer for his presentation.-david,brandon
6. organizing and labelling raffles, and ballet boxes. -James, brandon.
7. Someone needs to be prepared to watch, and or sell club members frags and equipment for the people helping during the swap.(I think we all would like to sell our own stuff, and noone is being told they cant. but our club is hosting this swap so its our responsability to do it.)Maybe people can volunteer for different times so people can take turns.
8. Make a suggestion box and suggestion slips for people to fill out as they leave to let us know what we can do better next time. same person can sell club memberships, and laminate there new cards. Make a sign in sheet for people who would like to give there email address for future event contacts.
9. If youve got a local fish store donating, get it finalised so we can get a accurate list.
10. several people needed to sell raffle tickets.
11. A trip to walmart on the 29th to buy some cheesy teeshirts
12. Go to the links brandon posted and talk up the swap. Weve kept saying this but I dont see everyone doing it. it is important.
13. We still need flyers posted at fishparadise, and pet warehouse.
These are just a few things off the top of my head.

If theres something you can help with please post the numbers and what you would like to do. Some of them are already being worked on but can still use help. Also if you have any ideas or know something Ive missed please post it here.

I think we can get a free ad on the local community channel 3 ( fort oglethorpes )..plus chattanooga state's 91.5 can probably advertise for free since it's being held there.

Just some more ideaas i thought of

Andy good ideas, Do you think you would have the time to follow up on those ideas and see what they will do? Also if you have time it would be nice to see if the chattanooga times free press would do an add as a community event or something. keep the ideas flowing. let us know what you find out

Back