Oh boy the wife is gonna shoot me

Fastlight

Semper FI
Dont get me wrong my wife is very supportive of most everything i do. And she is even getting her hands wet in the hobby! I told her I would cut back on the spending till xmas was over but just as i told her this not 1 but 2 people in the area are having killer deals on coral!! I know i should be spending money on my rodi but ive been checking cragslist for a long time even our local reef forums and this is something else. One guy is selling all his coral propogation equipment(economy hit him) told me i bring 100 buck and he will hook me up with all sorts of lps softies and shrooms!!! not to mention all the equipment he has:grumble: Then the other guy had his stand bust on his 125 gal and selling all his coral that he cant fit in his other tank. Btw the guy that is selling all his coral propogation equipment has like 4 75 gal ffor sale 9 55gal and like a big 125 so any one near the toledo area check out craigslist. So should i risk being murdered by my wife and ask her to go look at these corals??? Or should i just save up for the rodi and hope another deal like this comes around? OH man figures!!!!!

I think your top priority should be water quality. Save and get the RO/DI.
Do you think your water quality is up to mantaining all the new coral? If so, go for it.

Im with Capt. Get the RO unit first. Deals on corals are nearly always available if you look hard enough.

Go for water quality. You and the coral will be happier in the long run. There will always be great deals in the future.

ro/di comes first so you can keep good quality water to keep corals thriving and growing so you can make your own frags to trade for more corals. there will be more good deals in future don't jump and make any mistakes, have to keep wife happy, i would just go buy few corals for good price.

ro\di first if you have crappy water and buy some coral and it dies than you are out that money but if you get the ro\di and then buy the coral and it lives you are ahead of the game

It sucks when you know that you run into a hell of a deal and have to turn away from it. My wife said I could but I have decided to err on the side of caution. I dont think my water quality is terrible and I can buy ro water, but I think I have fallen away from my plan far enough. There are things that are yet Needed before i get any more of the things I want. I cant promise I wont see something here or there that i may want and get but. I should really get the rodi unit, pumps and more rock. GRR damn being patient! But seeing as I have found ro water at 29c per/g im gonna use that for my weekly water changes till i get the rodi unit.

Thanks G. trust me if it wasnt for this forum i would have gone there with 100 bucks and spent 200!! It sucks because the best lfs we have around here is stuck in the old ways. They dont use rodi and dont believe its needed. And they think sumps are a waste. their belief is that wet dry and skimmer. Not that is terrible because like i said they are the best store near me.

As long as they have good corals and good prices let them run their store how they like. Just make sure that YOU run your tank "properly"(we all know how opinions vary)

Quality water should always be #1.No need in spending 100 bucks on corals if the water wont support them.

i hardly ever buy coral from lfs we have so many local reefers we just trade constantly most of trade coral for coral or very little cash. I just gave a rbta away for 2 gbta. every time i go to lfs which being near st. louis we have like 8 around here within half hour drive i always talk to other customers at store to get them to visit our club website to get more in our club and more to trade with.

i hardly ever buy coral from lfs we have so many local reefers we just trade constantly most of trade coral for coral or very little cash. I just gave a rbta away for 2 gbta. every time i go to lfs which being near st. louis we have like 8 around here within half hour drive i always talk to other customers at store to get them to visit our club website to get more in our club and more to trade with.

Lucky you!!!!! I have to travel a good bit to find a decent lfs....grr :(

Back