Oh no, I think it's ich

Anyone ever used Seachem's Paraguard? Or heard of anyone having success with it? Again, probably only anecdotal evidence supports it, but it has some great reviews on marinedepot. Just curious. Also my LFS recommends it (my best LFS, great reputation in this city).

I havent used it but by looking at their site a few reviews online, it looks like a good product to use in a QT tank. But im not sure it totally cures ich, like a proper treatment of copper or hypo, and they also dont recommend using it in a reef.

I've used it for black ich specifically...no clue if it works cuz the fish died shortly after (not from the meds, but from the stress of catching, dipping, and qt'ing.)

As you may know from another post, I lost a fish (my starry blenny) and my royal gramma is actually looking worse now. He has a whitish film and white specs - is it possible he has something besides ich?

If it's just ich I'm planning to do hypo, but I have a few questions.

Can I run carbon in my HOB filter?

Do I have to adjust the PH every time I add fresh water?

Do I really need to change 35% of the water every other day? Anyone have a major difficulty controlling ammonia/nitrite with this method?

Back