Oh No The Wifes Back Out Of The Tank!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by bobby, Sep 6, 2007.

1. bobby

bobby I like to do bad things.

Well Her puffer died today from ich. I treid to fresh water dip him to cure it, but I guess it didn't help. So now shes all pissed, so I'm thinking about shoving her back in, and I mean literaly.LOL And to top it off my damsel now has it so I'm going to have to set up the QT tank now and hope for the best.

R.I.P big retarded kid.:bye2:

BTW I dont think we will try another puffer. After researching them I found that they're prone to ich, need good water for being such a dirty fish, and need a large tank to grow in.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
    bobby, Sep 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. bobby

Bifferwine I am a girl

Sorry to hear about your big retarded kid :(. It's always sad to lose a baby, especially a 'special needs' baby. You need to take your wife to the LFS and let her pick out a fish that isn't so demanding. Something pretty, yet easy.

Bifferwine, Sep 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. bobby

Can't, wont work, the only other fish she wants is tangs and I aint going to put one in a 55. I think the 55 is coming down and I'm going to put up my 29 or nothing. With school going on I dont know if I have time for two, so I might stick with one.

bobby, Sep 6, 2007
  4. bobby

Bifferwine I am a girl

You could get a small yellow tang for your 55.

Bifferwine, Sep 6, 2007
  5. bobby

Yeah I thought about it and came close, but I think I'm taking it down. I have been fighting with the idea for a while, because I want it to stay up, but have been neglecting it for some time. I keep up with the 30 real good but I don't know if I can deal with two right now. I don't know I'll have to ponder on it some more.

bobby, Sep 6, 2007
  6. bobby

Doc I don't work for anybody

convince her to get a foxface rabbit fish. They do it all, look cool, have venomous spines, will fit in your 55 and totally change colors all the time. I have one in my work tank and it is pretty cool. the total package for a weird, not so common fish

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Doc, Sep 6, 2007
  7. bobby

RigoSharon LIVING REEFS INTERN

sorry read that bobby...good luck next time...i know how hard is to deal with wifes!!

RigoSharon, Sep 6, 2007
  8. bobby

winyfrog Yep!

coming from a wife. Why can't we all just get along :) we all have hobbies, lets enjoy and embrace each other. Its a shame that more ladies don't get into this hobby. I also hear it coming from the 4 wheel drive scene (my wife hates this blah blah blah)

winyfrog, Sep 6, 2007
  9. bobby

HAWKS12thMAN NWKRC THUG!

I feel for you bobby about tank maintence and school is hard..... All I have now is a 75 i tore down my other 3 tanks because it was just to much. Dont give up completly.

HAWKS12thMAN, Sep 6, 2007
  10. bobby

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

You been talking to my wife Winy?

Hate to hear about your puffer Bobby.I know all to well how a wife can be.

Mines been raisin cain for a while over me looking for a new job,then once hunting season opens she'll fuss about me being gone from friday evening till sunday night.Not to mention,she's always on a gripe about my tanks.Even though her seahorse is in the 30. You just cant win with some women.

yote, Sep 6, 2007
  11. bobby

Amen yote... AMEN

Thats great idea doc... because I already thought of it.LOL She loves the fox faces but we have a 6 year old girl and I would hate for her to reach her had in the tank and get stung. I doubt it would ever happen, but why take the chance? They seem like a great fish though.

Winy she has no other hobby at all. I'm just kidding when I say I want to stick her in it.LOL The only nagging she was doing was saying that I wasn't taking care of it for her, and get this; "because none of my fish ever die" LOL I think she just said that becaue she was upset, but its ok.

Hawk I'm not giving up. I still got my 30 gal reef in the bed room that I wont take down. It's my favorite tank, and with my favorit fish init so it aint going nowhere. I got my coral beauty and pair of black clowns in it.

I'll figure it out in time. I want to set up a foam tank with over flow, and the 55 is tempered so I might trade it out for that reason to.

bobby, Sep 7, 2007
  12. bobby

Doc I don't work for anybody

the sting of a fox face is pretty weak. If your daughter has ever been stung by a bee, it will be less of a reaction to that. I was not worried when I had three lionfish in my tank about my kids - they learn to appreciate what daddy does to the tank. I would still do with one.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Doc, Sep 7, 2007
    bobby likes this.
  13. bobby

I thought there sting could hospitalize a person and thought it would be worse for a kid. I'll have to look at them more. Thanks for the info.

bobby, Sep 7, 2007
  14. bobby

winyfrog Yep!

usually the sting of a foxface, lion or even reactions from corals, will only affect someone if they are allergic to bees or have lots of allergies.

I've been poked by a foxface and it just stung for a bit.
    My husband has been poked by both foxface and lion and he just swears a little and then is fine. :)

winyfrog, Sep 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question