Oh Noes! Mah Fishie is Missing!

Samhain

Satin, Lace, and Sequins
Sad to say that I believe I have lost my Royal Gramma, Saffron. On Sunday he was eating just fine. Water params have been fine. I did add my clown pair a couple weeks ago, and he relocated after their addition, but I hadn't noticed them picking on him or anything. I think they were just a little too boisterous for him, and they did like to hang out near his hidey hole of choice. So he relocated across the tank to a brand new hidey hole, and I was spot feeding him over there.

I went to work yesterday before the lights were on, and came home after the day lights were off, plus yesterday wasn't a nom nom day (feeding day, for all you that don't have really young children), so I wasn't terribly surprised not to see him. He blends in under the actinics, and is really hard to see unless you are searching for him and he's out in the open.

Lights came on today, and no Saffron. He wasn't in either of his two new hidey spots and wasn't hanging out under his ledge. I turned off the powerheads and skimmer, since that's the "call to noms" for the tank, but still no Saffron! My other fish are healthy and happy and swimming around like nothing's wrong. Inverts are all fine, corals are looking great. Params are still fine, just no fishie! No body, no skeleton, no nothing! I have a lid on the tank, but I checked the floor all around, and he didn't jump either. I'm very sad, as he was one of my favorites! :cry:

I feel your pain. I found one of my fish dead today. He jumped :( I thought my tank is pretty nice...I guess he disagreed.

I had that happen to a 4" Coral beauty. Never found her either. It sucks especially when you've had em for a while. Sorry to hear that!

I had a chromis die a few weeks ago and stood there and watched as the clown grabbed it and brought it over to my nem.. sorry to hear about it dying on you...

Back