Oh Noes! Not Another...Oh Yes...

Tank good biff
get those lights working, did you use new water or water from the 240?
did ya add a lil live sand from the 240 to help with the lil cycle?

lovely start...but wait.....I think a mod has made a mistake. Isn't the build thread meant for one tank only??? ;)

-Doc

Please disregard my previous sarcastic comment. (eating crow) I had two different windows open and I mistook one for the other (feeling silly and sheepish). Biff has done nothing wrong (as usual) and I grovel at her feet (again, dammit) :frustrat:

-Doc

Tank good biff
get those lights working, did you use new water or water from the 240?
did ya add a lil live sand from the 240 to help with the lil cycle?

No, I used new water and new sand. The sand in my 240 is a different color than the sand that NoobDeBiff picked out for the nano, so it wouldn't have looked very good.

HET SARAH !! DID YOU EVER CHECK THIS OUT
WWW.REEFVIDEOS.COM
YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS SEAHORSE/RICORIA TANK IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND !!!!! GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN !

Ya Ray, that's where I got the idea from! That tank is sooooo awesome. Considering that ricordea run anywhere from $10 to $40 a polyp, think of how much money that dude has invested in that tank just in shrooms!

No idea yet, Bobby. I'm encouraging NDB to pick out the animals, with my *guidance* of course. Typical guy, he's like, "Shark!"...

Hay.. Whats wrong wiith a shark? I was goign to get one for my tank! I hear they're nice too, and like to be hand fed.

Sarah, Not To Mention The 150 Next To It And The Frag Tank Next To That... That System Is Insane !!! All Running Off The Same Sump !!

I have seen some nice multi tank and huge SPS systems with multiple frag tanks run off of one huge sump, but a huge seahorse shroom tank arrangement sounds too sissy for me.

You are all right I am definately wrong. After somemore indepth reading he copied the tank I was thinking about from the guy from the video. My bad.

FATMAN, YOU REALLY SHOULD CHECK THIS SYSTEM OUT... VERY NICE
www.reefvideos.com

it is the third column down.... 1st and 2 nd videos.
Service provider problems so I could only download 3/4 th of video 1, no video 2. Not impressed, a lot of time to grow out so many frags, but not really much variety. To much blue light. Way to many fish. SPS looked out of place and more or less perched on pedistals. Way too many polyps. Ugly, ugly, heat producing power heads. To little live rock. Poor depth for sand bed, should be either deep or shallow, not in between.
Considering the length of time since tanks were established I have seen a lot of newbie tanks on this site which are already better appearing comparitively than the tank in the video.
I would not set up such a tank or suggest any one consider it as a good example for establishing their own tanks.
In general I do not promote mix and match tanks. I do not do tanks with some of every thing in them, and in general I do not mix a heavy fish load with corals. I believe heavy fish load tanks should have a good load of live rock and a few pieces of soft coral, no stoney corals. I occasionally put gobies in coral display tanks, and have a copper banded butterfly fish which I rotate as needed through tanks. I do not keep any fish in my frag tank systems. To me coral display tanks are mother colony tanks. I am chiefly a SPS fragger, and rent out and maintain tanks, and maintain other tanks of past customers to whom I have previously rented tanks. I maintain only one fish tank, and that person I have known for thirty years and she is physically incapable of maintaining her 440 gallon FOWLR tank. My self I like fish but they tend to be fish that do not work well in coral tanks as they are heavy or dirty feeders (lionfish, moray eels, groupers), or eat corals (Clown Triggers, Butterfly fish). I do not even keep hermit crabs or any other crabs in my tanks as they eat my snails and occasionally my corals.
I expect quite a few contributors to this site will have much better thought out and planned tanks with greater variety without so many small frags of the same corals or polys repeated over and over, spaced through out tank.
In genearl I did not care for the tank.

Last edited:
Back