Ohh how it grows

chbix

Reefing newb
So I have the 55gallon freshwater,

im working on a 55gallon salt water tank now

I also had a 5g tank that was for a quarantine tank.. but the woman called and said set it up I am bringing something home.... ok

SHE COMES HOME WITH 3 GREEN SPOTTED PUFFERS!

I cant put them in my 55 g freshwater cause they will terrorize the rest so they go into the 5 gallon for now.

The woman today finds a 75 gallon used acrylic tank for like $40.... shes gonna get it tomorrow.

So now im thinking I snag the 75 gallon for saltwater, she gets the 55 gallon for the green spotted puffers and what ever other evil fish she wants.

Ohh did I mention im getting 2 - 33 gallon fish store display tanks...each tank has 3 dividers ...

Wow....what have I started

Ok so the lady brought home the "75G tank" which actually turns out is the same size as my 55 g.... so its a 55 g.... anyway not to bad condition there are some scratches on it and it appears that the bracing on the top has some small cracks but still in tack.

I filled it with water outside to test it and the top seems to hold fine but there is obvious bowing in the middle of the front and back panes.... Is this normal for acrylic? Never owned one but assume since its plastic and bendable that it is normal with that kind of load. I cant get a measure meant but I would assume its about 1/4 " in the front and back enough to where I can see it when I look from the top.

Any input ?

Hey, I went from a small 20 gal saltwater tank with two 'starter' clown fish.. to... a 180 gal tank with several angels, butterflies, moorish idols, tangs, and a snowflake eel! Got 'cha beat... ;)

Back