Ohio Live Rock Farm?

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
I thought that someone here mentioned a live rock farm in central ohio that has been used by a few members here I cant find any of the posts and no links from google either. Does anyone have the contact info or even the name of this place?

Reef Systems Coral Farm, Inc

the owners name is Todd Melman, he is a super nice guy and increadibly helpful. they are a coral farm, but they have alot of live rock that is cured and alot more that is in the process of curing. he's been in the business very long and has always been willing to help us even though we have only bought from him once. we will definitly be going back when ever we need anything.

Thanks so much Pheeses and Lady to you both, its a little furthar than I had hope but itll be well within driving range itll be a great road trip for a sunny saturday. About 5 hours each way but nat having as much die off will be great. Probably because of gas prices I wont save any on shipping but itll be a nice drive anyways.

i outlined a pic from our tank. the stuff that is circled is the fiji live rock. it's got much more coraline algea and it had been in the system longer. the rest of the live rock is the aquacultured and it had some coraline on it and alot of small feather dusters. the prices and stuff are on the website. if you have other questions i would just email him directly. i think his email is on the website and he usually answers in less than a day.

outline.jpg

Last edited:
Did the fiji come from Ohio(know fiji originally) I was going to ask you about it even before I knew about the ohio guy. I really like the knoby knarliness that it has, I think that matched with some flater pieces for coral placement would and does look awesome

totally agree, it's is both knobby and knarly. all the rock in our tank came from reefsystems. i don't know where he got it from though. he also had a bunch of stuff that he call lace rock which is just regular terrestrial rock. it's much denser and less porous than oceanic rock. he had some of that in his system and it was growing coraline and stuff, but i wasn't a big fan of how heavy it was and it didn't seem it would be as good of a filter as the oceanic rock. he did have some large pieces and they were neat shapes.

Back